Removing Brick / Adding Windows to a home

I'm looking to buy an older home and a lot of them lack windows. I was wondering how difficult it is to remove brick and sheetrock and install a window? I've never really heard or seen anyone do it before, but it's something I'd like to do.

Also, I'm wondering if there's any software out there where I could take a photo of the home and then redesign it before actually doing any demo work.

I'm looking to buy an older home and a lot of them lack windows. I was wondering how difficult it is to remove brick and sheetrock and install a window? I've never really heard or seen anyone do it before, but it's something I'd like to do.

Also, I'm wondering if there's any software out there where I could take a photo of the home and then redesign it before actually doing any demo work.

If you have seen an old house with new windows there is a good chance you have seen it done before because it is fairly easy, especially if you don't have to move any plumbing or electrical in the wall.

We have done it many times.

Cheers

If you have seen an old house with new windows there is a good chance you have seen it done before because it is fairly easy, especially if you don't have to move any plumbing or electrical in the wall.

We have done it many times.

Cheers

Cool website. I'd like to research and see if this is something I might be able to do myself first. If I can't, I'll keep you in mind. Thanks!

Anyone know of any good DIY research tools on how I might go about doing this?

Archived