Services In Katy

adorned

7 members have voted

1. 1. What services would you like to see new or more of in Katy?

• Men's Salon
    • Chic, trendy, salon and spa (a beauty lounge)
    • Trendy, fashion boutique
    • Upbeat bar/lounge
    • All of the above
    • None of the above

Interested in your thoughts here. Thanks :)!

Not to sound like an A-hole, but I feel you should have put a couple of options for people that don't live in the region.

I vote:

Don't live there.

I don't care.

At least you'd have a more accurate count of the demographics on this forum.

EDIT:

Welcome to the HAIF. :)

Sorry, I just assumed since this is a Katy forum, that Katy residents or prospects would reply.

Thanks!

Not to sound like an A-hole, but I feel you should have put a couple of options for people that don't live in the region.

I vote:

Don't live there.

I don't care.

At least you'd have a more accurate count of the demographics on this forum.

EDIT:

Welcome to the HAIF. :)

No such luck. Expect frequent unsolicited appearances from non-Katy residents discussing the reasons that they don't live in/care about Katy.

I don't have a burning need for any of the above personally. Any particular reason that you picked those services?

No such luck. Expect frequent unsolicited appearances from non-Katy residents discussing the reasons that they don't live in/care about Katy.

I don't have a burning need for any of the above personally. Any particular reason that you picked those services?

I just wanted to get opinions of those who live here before venturing off to the Houston market to open a new business. I will have to conduct a more thourough survey in a different manner, which is only directed towards Katy residents to get a better idea.

Thanks for you input :).

No interest whatsoever in any of those services. Longing, however, for more restaurants along the lines of Outback, Pappadeaux, Saltgrass, etc.

You'll need to stay closer to the Beltway and Loop, then, since that's where most of these chains are located. Lot's of good independent restaurants all over Katy, though.

You'll need to stay closer to the Beltway and Loop, then, since that's where most of these chains are located. Lot's of good independent restaurants all over Katy, though.

I just don't understand why people's fascination on chain restaurants. Some of the best food I've gotten have been from a locally run places (mom and pop) that vary on up and down on the economic scale.

I just don't understand why people's fascination on chain restaurants. Some of the best food I've gotten have been from a locally run places (mom and pop) that vary on up and down on the economic scale.

I agree - I work in Westchase and I'm constantly amazed by how many great independent restaurants are within 10 minutes of my office...but we really could use a Ragin' Cajun out in Katy...:rolleyes:

I agree - I work in Westchase and I'm constantly amazed by how many great independent restaurants are within 10 minutes of my office...but we really could use a Ragin' Cajun out in Katy...:rolleyes:

There are great independent restaurants within 10 minutes of just about anyplace in the Houston area, but especially outside the loop due to the much lower cost of real estate and the more ethnically diverse population. It's one of the best things about living here.

Beats me on that one, too. I'd guess Sunbeam is either a real fan of that stuff or was trying to imply that's all there is in the suburbs.

Yes, and expect more people to flee from HAIF when many of those that frequent the forum can't help but act like jerks, especially to a new member. Some of you guys really do need to expand your lives a little.

I'm not necessarily talking about chain restaurants, but just more restaurants of a mid level. We are hip deep in fast food, pizza places, and cheap Mexican restaurants, which are okay sometimes - but a decent steakhouse or seafood restaurant is virtually nonexistent in these parts. I agree absolutely that independent restaurants are often the best. Bistro 829 has just reopened, which is great news. Their sister restaurant 3 Olives has been quite successful as well. Nick's in Richmond is superb. None of them are chains. I'm just surprised that there aren't more restaurants of that caliber in the Katy area. People here can certainly afford them. And there's nothing wrong with some of the chain restaurants, either. We enjoy Pappadeaux Seafood and would definitely go much more often if they had a location here in Katy.

I'm not necessarily talking about chain restaurants, but just more restaurants of a mid level. We are hip deep in fast food, pizza places, and cheap Mexican restaurants, which are okay sometimes - but a decent steakhouse or seafood restaurant is virtually nonexistent in these parts. I agree absolutely that independent restaurants are often the best. Bistro 829 has just reopened, which is great news. Their sister restaurant 3 Olives has been quite successful as well. Nick's in Richmond is superb. None of them are chains. I'm just surprised that there aren't more restaurants of that caliber in the Katy area. People here can certainly afford them. And there's nothing wrong with some of the chain restaurants, either. We enjoy Pappadeaux Seafood and would definitely go much more often if they had a location here in Katy.

I would like it if more of the "local" chains opened in Katy. I'm surprised that places like Cafe Express and the Pappa's restaurants haven't opened out here yet.

I would like it if more of the "local" chains opened in Katy. I'm surprised that places like Cafe Express and the Pappa's restaurants haven't opened out here yet.

Ditto... Unfortunately it's probably a shootin the dark to expect any mom and pops here.

I'm also suprised about the bigger restaurant chains not opening here, especially a Papasitos. The Jalapenos at 99 and Kingsland is beyond packed nightly. In fact, they've way underestimated their need for parking. A Papasitos would absolutely kill.

Ditto... Unfortunately it's probably a shootin the dark to expect any mom and pops here.

I'm also suprised about the bigger restaurant chains not opening here, especially a Papasitos. The Jalapenos at 99 and Kingsland is beyond packed nightly. In fact, they've way underestimated their need for parking. A Papasitos would absolutely kill.

I don't really consider "Papa's" a chain in the national sense, to me, they're a local chain like "Ninfa's".

As it was discussed in a different chain, perhaps there is a lack of employees that can work AND live in the area due to there being a lack of affordable living in the area. But for me, that's just a shot in the dark and not meant to be trolling.

I don't really consider "Papa's" a chain in the national sense, to me, they're a local chain like "Ninfa's".

As it was discussed in a different chain, perhaps there is a lack of employees that can work AND live in the area due to there being a lack of affordable living in the area. But for me, that's just a shot in the dark and not meant to be trolling.

I've always heard the lack of a lunch crowd is the issue at least in the western part of town. Unlike Sugarland and The Woodlands, Katy doesn't have a large corporate presence in the same area that the population base is. What's surprising though is that the "local chains" that are here - Mission Burrito, Lupe Tortilla, Berryhill - all seem to do very well.

Personally, I think that lack of affordable living has been overplayed. There's more affordable apartment complexes in the area than anyone seems to be willing to recognize.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Services In Katy

Archived