Hogg Park At 2211 South St.

groovehouse

Beautiful shot, that lighting is great.

If I'm not mistaken, you're in the vacant lot used in the Chevy commercial to build a youth baseball diamond.

Thanks!

Um, I'm not sure where I was.... after looking at Google Maps, I think I was somewhere off of N. Main near Hogan & South streets.

If I'm not mistaken, you're in the vacant lot used in the Chevy commercial to build a youth baseball diamond.

That Chevy commercial was on the east side. His picture is north of White Oak Bayou.

That looks like it's near my old stomping grounds.

I'd say around Hogg Park.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=29.776149,-95.367208&spn=0.007077,0.007349&t=h&z=17&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=29.776149,-95.367208&spn=0.007077,0.007349&t=h&z=17&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

• 3 weeks later...

So, is there a baseball field there now? Couldn't find anything online or I could drive and see for myself.

So, is there a baseball field there now? Couldn't find anything online or I could drive and see for myself.

No, No... It's a made-up a field for a commercial. . don't think Chevy would be into community building.

But i was way wrong.. Editor seems to have accurately placed the photo up near Hogg park.

The commercial, best I can tell, was filmed in the field south of Nance, next to the Elysian Viaduct.

- The building (West face) at the :16 mark appears to be the one at the SW corner of Nance and Maffitt

The first shot is from one of the UHD parking lots. The largest one right before that bridge on Main/North Main.

The photographer has already verified the location up by Hogg Park and Hogan

I'm certain the first few shots of the vid are from an empty field next to one of the warehouses at McCall St @ Shiloh St.

I thought so too when i first saw the video, but no.

The main bridge they keep showing in the distance has 4 columns ( :15 sec mark).. it's a 4 lane overpass ( the Elysian Viaduct), not a 14 lane highway that you'd be seeing from the field location you mention.

At the :21 sec mark, they shift the view to the left, east (facing south), and you can see the corner of MMP and 59 overpass.

At the :28 sec mark, you see two distinct overpasses, one to your left, one to your right, both going away from you... This places you in the V of two raised streets/highways and definitively puts it at the Nance location.

I hadn't seen the video in a while when I guessed at the photo location. There are only so many places where you can capture bayou, freeway, and skyline... and I guessed poorly and too quickly. The sunset location should have told me I was wrong.

Edited by Highway6

• The title was changed to Hogg Park At 2211 South St.