Continental And United Change Food/Drink Menus

Hartmann

This is fine by me. I think it will make fat americans realize we don't need to be fed just because we're sitting down in a confined space. And it'll doubly save $$ for Contin-ited, because food that gets served is paid for, and I'm sure far fewer people pay for it than ate the free stuff so the have far less on hand.

Then again, drinks should be free. Add it to my fare, I don't care. Just whiskey me as soon as I sit down, and keep it comin.

This is fine by me. I think it will make fat americans realize we don't need to be fed just because we're sitting down in a confined space. And it'll doubly save $$ for Contin-ited, because food that gets served is paid for, and I'm sure far fewer people pay for it than ate the free stuff so the have far less on hand.

Then again, drinks should be free. Add it to my fare, I don't care. Just whiskey me as soon as I sit down, and keep it comin.

edit

man i completely agree... i remember i got really annoyed when they cancelled the food on my flights to mexico (2.5 hours)... but after a few more flights i realized i just ate breakfast a few hours ago, really not necessary to eat on such a short flight just because i am sitting.

however, the meals when flying to bogota or lima are still free which makes perfect sense because these flights are about 6 hours... even if i eat right before i get on, i will still be hungry after 6 hours....

it just makes sense. i see it as a symbol as how we should all start living our lives, use what we need.

Eventually airlines will figure out that they are making a good chunk of profit on $9 drinks and snack items, and they will become like ballparks and try to stop people from bringing their own food in. I'd lay money on it.

It always cracks me up that instead of plain ol' drinks, Continental refers to "beverages".

Eventually airlines will figure out that they are making a good chunk of profit on $9 drinks and snack items, and they will become like ballparks and try to stop people from bringing their own food in. I'd lay money on it.

It always cracks me up that instead of plain ol' drinks, Continental refers to "beverages".

The idea of "unbundling" has really started to catch on with the airlines.

It's actually not a terrible idea.

I m a casual flyer. . . . a couple of times a year. I'm not too happy about being charged for food now, but why don't they try and add revenue for services that flyers percieve as a benefit. . . .like wifi. I'd pay $10.00 for this without batting an eyelash. I also like the direcTV option I had on the flight to Las Vegas. If they added these features to ALL of their flights, they might not have to charge for food. . . . .

Just my two cents.

I m a casual flyer. . . . a couple of times a year. I'm not too happy about being charged for food now, but why don't they try and add revenue for services that flyers percieve as a benefit. . . .like wifi. I'd pay $10.00 for this without batting an eyelash. I also like the direcTV option I had on the flight to Las Vegas. If they added these features to ALL of their flights, they might not have to charge for food. . . . .

Just my two cents.

I liked the DirecTV on my flight to Chicago too....just like sitting at home (with much smaller TV of course!!) and channel surfing...

Just my two cents.

WiFi is in the works.

They don't have to charge for food. They could load drinks and be done with it but they've found that people are willing to pay for food. In fact, just about every flight I've been on since the food for sale program started has had the food sell out or come close to selling out.

Just my two cents.

I'm sure they would like to keep consumables down to a minimum, added weight is the enemy of plane mileage.

Then again, I wonder how much the DTV and WIFI equipment adds to the overall weight.

• The title was changed to Continental And United Change Food/Drink Menus

Archived