BlockShopper

lockmat

Has anyone else been to this website? I stumbled upon it and think it's really interesting.

There are little snippets of who is buying what home and for what amount. It gives a lot of information about the home and also personal details of the buyer.

For instance:

University professor acquires Humble 3BD

Timothy W. Hagerty acquired a three-bedroom, two-bath home at 9430 Kens Run in Humble from Enterprise Bank on Sept. 16.

The home is valued at $43,759. The 1,344-square-foot house was built in 1982 and is located in the North Belt Forest subdivision.

Hagerty is a Spanish and linguistics professor at the University of St. Thomas-Houston. He has served as chairman in the modern and classical department with the university.

He obtained his Ph.D. in Spanish from the University of California-Los Angeles.

According to BlockShopper.com, there have been 2,237 home sales in Humbleduring the last 12 months.

Filed under: EducationAddress: icon-sfr.png?12871773259430 Kens Run

Buyer(s): Timothy W Hagerty

Seller(s): Enterprise Bank

Sale date: Sep. 16, 2010

http://houston.block...ires_Humble_3BD

Strange, huh? I think I'll be frequenting this site.

Who knows, maybe I'll see a HAIFer buying a home ;P

Edited by lockmat

I know that certain people in the real estate industry are big fans of BlockShopper, but it's not the sort of thing that I'm interested in. It looks like it scrapes public home sales data and tries to connect it with other information on the web to describe who's doing what. The term is data mining. It's something that privacy advocates hate.

• Like 1

I guess the site is okay for aggregating data you can look up anywhere else, but yeah, what he said. So these "authors" look at recent home sales data then just do some name Googling? Either way, a little TMI on those articles.

Fwiw, I "claimed" my house there a while back, but I'm not sure what the point was..