Two Westlake Park: Office Tower At 500 Westlake Park Blvd.

cats

I will move to Houston from China this Aug, actually i know nothing about Houston. My company is in Westlake park. I would like to rent an 2-bedroom apartment near both office and supermarket, the safety is important to me, can anyone give me some advice? thanks in advance

Boring is relative. I think if you're an adult human being, I can't imagine being bored in a metropolitan area of more than five million people unless you're simply unwilling to go out and get to it.

If you are planning on living in West Lake, you're going to need a car, although there is a bus --- the 131 Memorial Express --- that takes you up and down Memorial from many apartments located along Memorial Drive to your office at West Lake heading west or to things like supermarkets and even into DT proper heading east. Not much in the way of transfers routes, though. The main ones are the 67 Dairy Ashford and the 19 Wilcrest.

The areas are very safe, very clean, with lots of trees but a good amount of traffic, too. Especially during the standard work rushes.

I will move to Houston from China this Aug, actually i know nothing about Houston. My company is in Westlake park. I would like to rent an 2-bedroom apartment near both office and supermarket, the safety is important to me, can anyone give me some advice? thanks in advance

Boring? Ummm, i doubt that. You have Astroworld theme park, the woodlands, kemah boardwalk, theater district downtown, main street, millions and million of clubs (that's if you like clubs). Galveston 50miles away from Houston. Uptown galleria, and if you coming from China, you will love Chinatown in bellaire (southside).

You can shop til you drop here in Houston. Houston is a great place to be. I'm a traveling man, and Houston is the best place to be, and it's growing rapidly.

Enjoy your stay here in Houston, Cats! We glad to have you.

no matter how Houston is, what i can say by now is that the people here is so nice! : ) i will stay for 2 years, now i am looking forward my move.

BTW, surprised that there's bus, i don't drive now, therefore, anothe headache for me is to get driver's license in Houston

no matter how Houston is, what i can say by now is that the people here is so nice! : )  i will stay for 2 years, now i am looking forward my move.

BTW, surprised that there's bus, i don't drive now, therefore, anothe headache for me is to get driver's license in Houston

You know, I was surprised, but it was a fairly painless process for me (granted, I already had a Florida Driver's License--not sure if you already have a driver's license). All I had to do was turn in my Florida license, provide a copy of my SS Card, fill out some paper work, take an eye test and pay the fee (I think it might have been $20). I think I waited less than an hour before I was helped.

Of course, I'm sure it depends on to which location you go.

• The title was changed to Two Westlake Park: Office Tower At 500 Westlake Park Blvd.

Archived