Apartment reletting & credit

LegacyTree

Does anyone know if you buy out your lease on an apartment (via the reletting fee) the effect it has on your credit? I can't find anything on teh g00gz about reletting and its effect on your credit.

It seems that it wouldn't have any effect on your credit but I wanted to check with folks here that might have done this before.

Does anyone know if you buy out your lease on an apartment (via the reletting fee) the effect it has on your credit? I can't find anything on teh g00gz about reletting and its effect on your credit.

It seems that it wouldn't have any effect on your credit but I wanted to check with folks here that might have done this before.

If you adhere to the terms of your lease, it won't affect your credit. You may want to check to see if there's a proviso that you're responsible for the entire term of the lease, and not just a re-letting charge.

• Like 1

Yeah - I did it once and paid a fee - the other term was that the rent had to be paid until the unit was rented out again (something I wouldn't be comfortable with, but in my circumstance for leaving the apartment, it was waived).

The bottom line is that you satisfy their financial wants - make sure you get it in writing and keep in contact with them

• Like 1