Searching for a Movie Agent!

Moviewriter

3 members have voted

1. 1. Would this be a good Jason movie?

2. 2. Would you go see this movie?

3. 3. Do it have a good plot?

Hello. I'm new to the site, and seen alot of different topics on here. So, I thought this would be a great opportunity for me to continue my search for a movie agent.

As you may know, I'm a upcoming screenwriter. I write horror, action and even drama. Right now, I have a horror script that is copyrighted and like a agent to view it to see it's sellable before I go any further writing. This script deals with a already established horror franchise, and like to revive it in a better way. Time for upgrade!

If anyone can help me -- know someone, or someone that knows a person in the movie industry. Please, keep me inform. It's not what you know, it's who you know.

PLOT -- Robert Vaughn, and his deformed daughter Jennifer Vaughn, captured by three deranged cannibals. Jennifer, being sexually abuse by one of the cannibals, as the father tied up hanging from the ceiling waiting for feeding time. But, likely the deranged cannibals didn't know, they was in the territory as the infamous hockey mask mass murderer Jason Voorhees -- Crystal Lake. As Jason defend his boundaries from the man-eating cannibals, some of his demon blood splats on Jennifer, as it got into her mouth. Jason defeats the cannibals. Jennifer unloosen herself from the wire -- Jason grabs her by her managled hair. Robert brakes a loose from the detainment and tackles Jason. Jennifer got bump out of the way from the tanglement (Jason and Robert), hits her head on the wall that made her unconscious. Jennifer vision was blurry, as she witnessed Jason beheads her father. Jennifer vows to take avenge of her father's death, even Jason stood in her way.

When I read the first poll question, I was super excited because I thought you meant Jason Statham.

What if you change Jason Voorhees to The Transporter, and open with a chase scene with the cannibals holding the girl hostage and Jason is driving in the new Audi A-8 (cannbibals drive older not so good mercedes 550). But the cannibals are hired by South American oil thugs, and Jason has to go to the jungle and sweat a lot and fight the cannbials to get the girl back. Could you do that?

Or maybe you could send your plot to Rob Zombie's My Space page.

When I read the first poll question, I was super excited because I thought you meant Jason Statham.

What if you change Jason Voorhees to The Transporter, and open with a chase scene with the cannibals holding the girl hostage and Jason is driving in the new Audi A-8 (cannbibals drive older not so good mercedes 550). But the cannibals are hired by South American oil thugs, and Jason has to go to the jungle and sweat a lot and fight the cannbials to get the girl back. Could you do that?

If the cannibals can fly, then I think you've got a winnah!

Well, that's a nice suggestion. But I think it won't be a great ideal to place Transporter in the woods with cannibals. The transporter belongs in a city, or somewhere fighting off drug warlords and bad guys. But I like crazy ideals such like yours. Thanks'1280343990' post='368454']

That's a nice ideal. But I think the transporter belongs somewhere in a city fighting off drug warlords, or bad guys. Not in some woods rescuing a girl from cannibals. Hey, I really enjoyed transporters installments and hope they continue making more installments. Thanks for your input.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I'm new to the site, and seen alot of different topics on here. So, I thought this would be a great opportunity for me to continue my search for a movie agent.

As you may know, I'm a upcoming screenwriter. I write horror, action and even drama. Right now, I have a horror script that is copyrighted and like a agent to view it to see it's sellable before I go any further writing. This script deals with a already established horror franchise, and like to revive it in a better way. Time for upgrade!

If anyone can help me -- know someone, or someone that knows a person in the movie industry. Please, keep me inform. It's not what you know, it's who you know.

PLOT -- Robert Vaughn, and his deformed daughter Jennifer Vaughn, captured by three deranged cannibals. Jennifer, being sexually abuse by one of the cannibals, as the father tied up hanging from the ceiling waiting for feeding time. But, likely the deranged cannibals didn't know, they was in the territory as the infamous hockey mask mass murderer Jason Voorhees -- Crystal Lake. As Jason defend his boundaries from the man-eating cannibals, some of his demon blood splats on Jennifer, as it got into her mouth. Jason defeats the cannibals. Jennifer unloosen herself from the wire -- Jason grabs her by her managled hair. Robert brakes a loose from the detainment and tackles Jason. Jennifer got bump out of the way from the tanglement (Jason and Robert), hits her head on the wall that made her unconscious. Jennifer vision was blurry, as she witnessed Jason beheads her father. Jennifer vows to take avenge of her father's death, even Jason stood in her way.

I've read it 3 times and don't get it. Not to mention there are quite a few words missing within the sentences and/or we have a big grammar problem. Not sure that was on purpose or what. If it is seriously some kind of script, I'd use spell check and some grammar tools before handing it over to some hard-pressed movie agent.

I don't know any agents, but you might want to contact Southwest Casting. They have many 'ins' with local productions/filmmakers, and may be better able to advise you.

I've worked for them, and they're good people.

edit: There's also Texas Film Commission - Office of Governor Rick Perry (and yes that's the name of the website.)

They may ask you to make some pro-Texas changes to your script. :wacko:Steve Ogden's amendment to Texas Film Commission

Archived