MLS Houston All Star Week 2010

citizen4rmptown

As many might know by now, Houston is hosting the MLS All Star Game this year. More fortunate than unfortunate, Houston unlike past MLS All Star host cities, doesn't have a soccer-specific stadium, yet. Thus, it allowed us to utilize Reliant Stadium, and not some 25,000 field like in the past all star games, but I doubt Manchester United, the world's biggest sports franchise, would've played in a small stadium anyways. Worth noting, if Reliant Stadium sells out, already well over 40,000 tickets sold, this all star game will be among the nation's top 5 largest-attended All Star Game, ever, across all sports leagues. It already will be MLS's 2nd biggest All Star Game, since, I believe, only the first game was in an NFL stadium as well.

Back to the topic, like all all star games, the host city host some festivities along with the game. And in case anybody was wondering or is intrested in attending these festivities, I'll post the scheduled events. Let's make it a great game!

Event schedule:

Saturday, July 24

6:30-10am: Dynamo Charities Go for Goal 5K Run at Houston City Hall

6:30-8:30pm: Viewing Party - Dynamo vs. Columbus at Hooters Kirby

Sunday, July 25

10am-10pm: All-Star Film Festival at Angelika Film Center

Tuesday, July 27

8 am-2pm: MLS W.O.R.K.S. Home Depot Community Build in Pasadena

4-8pm: MLS All-Star Jam & Legends/Celebrity Match at Discovery Green Park

8pm-12am: 2010 AT&T MLS All-Star Celebration at Hotel ZaZa

Wednesday, July 28

3-7:30pm: 2010 AT&T MLS All-Star Soccer Celebration at Reliant Stadium

7:30pm: MLS All-Stars vs. Manchester United at Reliant Stadium

9pm-1am: Brian Ching All-Star Party at House of Blues

Details:

The week kicks off on Saturday, July 24, with the Dynamo Charities Go for Goal 5K Run and the Dynamo Diesel Kids Fun Run.

On Sunday, July 25, the Dynamo will host a soccer film festival at the Angelika Film Center in downtown Houston featuring soccer movies, with proceeds going to charity. On Monday, July 26, the Dynamo will host a private party for season ticket holders, sponsors, and invited guests at Venue, located at 719 Main St. Dynamo defender Bobby Boswell and professional athletes from other local teams are expected to take the stage for some stand-up comedy as part of the entertainment.

On Tuesday, July 27, MLS W.O.R.K.S. will hold The Home Depot Community Build to provide a playground at Golden Acres Elementary School in Pasadena. On Tuesday evening, Discovery Green Park in downtown Houston will host the MLS All-Star Jam, which includes inflatable games, music, and activities for kids and families.

On Wednesday, the 2010 AT&T MLS All-Star Soccer Celebration will be held at Reliant Stadium near the Budweiser Plaza, featuring interactive events for kids, soccer-themed games, sponsor giveaways, and more.

http://abclocal.go.c...orts&id=7555014

http://www.chron.com...oc/7108802.html

*excuse my spelling in the first part.

I pretty excited about this game, not because I like all-star events, but that I'll actually be in town for business and will have a cool soccer related event to go to.

I contacted one of my fellow Chicago Fire fans who I know has connections, so I have a couple tickets for the match next Wednesday.

I'll be there, sporting my Chicago Fire jersey.

See y'all there.

B)

Does anyone know who is performing at halftime at the game? I can't find it online anywhere. Maybe it hasn't been announced yet.

First it was world cup fever. Now this. I am sick of soccer.Boring.

Where did Man-U finish in the UEFA cup? I think they lost in the quarters. I want to see the all-stars against Inter-Milan or Bayern Munich. Otherwise what would a win prove? I know it's a "friendly" or exhibition, but you have to think both sides are going to be out to establish their place in the pecking order.

Where did Man-U finish in the UEFA cup? I think they lost in the quarters. I want to see the all-stars against Inter-Milan or Bayern Munich. Otherwise what would a win prove? I know it's a "friendly" or exhibition, but you have to think both sides are going to be out to establish their place in the pecking order.

Yeah, ManU did lose in the quarterfinals to Bayern Munich. Basically, its the MLS All Stars that are out to win, you know have to prove that MLS doesn't suck, etc.

Archived