what are your plans today?

as i prepare to head out for the day, i wondered what the rest of the haif community might be up to today.

i'm heading over to hubbell & hudson to pick up my homemade basil pesto pasta for a cookout on the woodlands waterway and then over to anadarko to watch the fireworks, depending on the weather of course. hope it doesn't rain. of course, getting stuck at goose's acre because of rain wouldn't be a total loss!

what are you up to today?

as i prepare to head out for the day, i wondered what the rest of the haif community might be up to today.

i'm heading over to hubbell & hudson to pick up my homemade basil pesto pasta for a cookout on the woodlands waterway and then over to anadarko to watch the fireworks, depending on the weather of course. hope it doesn't rain. of course, getting stuck at goose's acre because of rain wouldn't be a total loss!

what are you up to today?

Enjoying the very nice weather in Big Bear Lake CA. We're about to head to a cookout at some friends followed by a fireworks show over the lake. The 14% humidity along with the 6700' elevation, however, is doing a serious number on my sinuses.

Breakfast at my parents, play with the kids while the wife hits a girls brunch thing. Then lunch and afternoon at the in-laws, swimming with the kids to escape the heat. In the shade it wasn't half bad when the breeze picked up. Steaks for an early afternoon lunch, then driving back from Louisiana to Houston (no traffic today, tomorrow will suck for that). Now winding down after the long drive with some bourbon (hence my post-i-ness).

I was basically right under the fireworks in The Woodlands tonight (about 200-300 yards), the closest I've ever been. That was pretty sweet.

Last I went to the one in Houston was when I was a kid. I hope to go to that one next year.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1524247627226

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1524253067362

we were on top of anadarko's parking garage. we were pelted with debris! it felt like we should have brought protective eye gear. really enjoyed it!

I was almost right below you, right next to the pedestrian bridge that goes across the waterway where it feeds into the lake. Yeah, we even saw debris still flaming still.

I'm glad they still went on with the show since they did, what, like two or three test shots.

Also, looks like you got home at a decent time. We parked at the mall it it took about an hour to get home, which is only 5-6 miles.

I was almost right below you, right next to the pedestrian bridge that goes across the waterway where it feeds into the lake. Yeah, we even saw debris still flaming still.

I'm glad they still went on with the show since they did, what, like two or three test shots.

Also, looks like you got home at a decent time. We parked at the mall it it took about an hour to get home, which is only 5-6 miles.

you were in an awesome location! i'm 1.2 miles from waterway square, but walked to anadarko from the waterway lofts and drove home from there. it took about 40 minutes.

we saw cops get freaked out at the first test shot. they started radioing to see what was going on because the fireworks weren't supposed to start until 9:15. it was alarming to see the police on edge.

Archived