Evolution and What Is Science

LTAWACS

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...But, because those nutty Muslim fundamentalists hold some insane belief that some utterly useless piece of salty, briny, sand-covered real estate is somehow sacred, and the Jews themselves believe the same thing, and a number of our elected politicians believe it too...

Why are these clowns even in office???? Vote them out. All of them.

Why are these clowns even in office???? Vote them out. All of them.

I do my best to vote against anyone who makes grand gestures demonstrating their faith in any form of ancient superstition.

I'd do the same for anyone who told me they believe in unicorns or leprechauns.

Is that a TI Basic programming syntax for calculators?

I think that god() would require more than 10 MHz to run His program.

Nah. According to Lockmat, all God needs is to be able to write 7734 and then to turn his calculator upside down. Everything else falls into place after that.

Don't be a douche.

When it comes to calculator humor, there are no holds barred. I once held a gun to a calculator's solar panel and shouted "Lights out!" while affecting my best Arnold Schwarzenegger impression.

Oh how everybody laughed! We all agreed it crossed a line, though we weren't sure which one, but we all also agreed it was the funniest and most topical calculator joke ever. (It was 1992, right after Terminator 2 and the TI-85 came out.) From that day forward, I vowed never to miss an opportunity to tell a joke involving calculators, even if it meant being labeled a douche. I've held true to that conviction all but once. I was in a room full of calculators then, in a bad part of town, and I didn't need to stir up that kind of trouble. Those calculators looked mean and dangerous, and I can't remember too clearly anymore, but I think a couple of them had teardrop tattoos under their number displays. It was a risk that wasn't worth taking.

But, now that I'm safe behind a computer monitor, if you want to hear an even worse calculator joke, I know one called "The Aristocalculators".

When it comes to calculator humor, there are no holds barred. I once held a gun to a calculator's solar panel and shouted "Lights out!" while affecting my best Arnold Schwarzenegger impression.

Oh how everybody laughed! We all agreed it crossed a line, though we weren't sure which one, but we all also agreed it was the funniest and most topical calculator joke ever. (It was 1992, right after Terminator 2 and the TI-85 came out.) From that day forward, I vowed never to miss an opportunity to tell a joke involving calculators, even if it meant being labeled a douche. I've held true to that conviction all but once. I was in a room full of calculators then, in a bad part of town, and I didn't need to stir up that kind of trouble. Those calculators looked mean and dangerous, and I can't remember too clearly anymore, but I think a couple of them had teardrop tattoos under their number displays. It was a risk that wasn't worth taking.

But, now that I'm safe behind a computer monitor, if you want to hear an even worse calculator joke, I know one called "The Aristocalculators".

progressive.jpg

Don't forget she's awesome with a calculator too..and offers insurance!

Do tell.

I still have my TI-85, and it still has all the programs I wrote when I was bored in physics class that did my rotational inertia, kinematics, and other science math problems. Input, then outputs based on all the options and equations. And of course, the guess a number between 1 and 1000 game that I wrote. She wouldn't let us go to sleep!

Archived