La Porte Cold Case In 1950

Cemeterywolf

NEED HELP!!!!!

Need help on finding a article on a old cold case. There is a tombstone in the La Porte Cemetery which states "A LITTLE DARLING FOUND MURDERED AT THE END OF LOVERS LANE April 21,1950". Lovers Lane was on Powell Road or Goatmans Road in La Porte. Would there be a article on it in the Post or Chronicle? Could anyone look this up for me or tell me how to find it?

Thanks.:doh::huh:

post-5259-1265687238922_thumb.jpg

Which one is La Porte cemetary...the one by Little Cedar Bayou??

Yes, but there are two on Little Cedar Bayou, the other is Cedarhurst Cemetery which was La portes first city cemetery.

The 2nd city cemetery La Porte Cemetery was started in 1907.

Video of the La Porte Cemetery and Urban Legend by George E. Wolf Jr.

NEED HELP!!!!!

Need help on finding a article on a old cold case. There is a tombstone in the La Porte Cemetery which states "A LITTLE DARLING FOUND MURDERED AT THE END OF LOVERS LANE April 21,1950". Lovers Lane was on Powell Road or Goatmans Road in La Porte. Would there be a article on it in the Post or Chronicle? Could anyone look this up for me or tell me how to find it?

Thanks.:doh::huh:

Almost certainly there would be articles in the Post, Chronicle and Press concerning this; copies can be found on microfilm at the HPL Central Branch, and the Rice and UH Libraries. If none of those are convenient to you, the Pasadena Library has the Citizen on microfilm - very likely there would be a story in that paper - and the Sterling Library in Baytown has the Sun on microfilm. The latter two have indexes but all you're going to have to do is start looking around that date. The Post and Chronicle were huge daily papers by that time and you might have to search to find the story buried deep in the paper somewhere whereas it might well have been a front page story in the Citizen.

• The title was changed to La Porte Cold Case - 1950 Looking For Article
  • The title was changed to La Porte Cold Case In 1950

Archived