Houston Radio Traffic Reporters

Jessica N

I have been in Houston 12 years and have listened to a lot of FM and AM radio stations over the years.

I was reminiscing this week about some of the radio station traffic reporters, specifically some with funny names. I distinctly remember an Allen Parkway I believe on KKRW several years ago. There were some others with traffic related names but I haven't been able to remember them. Maybe a woman named Stella Link?

I also enjoyed Natalie that was with Chris Baker before he left Houston. I believe she was on a few different channels with different last names.

Anyone remember any of the radio traffic reporters over the years in Houston?

There was this one guy who was named J.P. something who always did traffic, he used to be on 102 and 97.9 in the mornings.

I remember him I think it was JP Speeds or something like that. Is he no longer on there? I haven't listened to the Madd Hatta Morning Show in awhile so I wouldn't know.

I have been in Houston 12 years and have listened to a lot of FM and AM radio stations over the years.

I was reminiscing this week about some of the radio station traffic reporters, specifically some with funny names. I distinctly remember an Allen Parkway I believe on KKRW several years ago. There were some others with traffic related names but I haven't been able to remember them. Maybe a woman named Stella Link?

I also enjoyed Natalie that was with Chris Baker before he left Houston. I believe she was on a few different channels with different last names.

Anyone remember any of the radio traffic reporters over the years in Houston?

A part time disc jockey at KILT in the mid to late 80s and maybe into the early 90s used the name Allen Parkway. It was assigned by management. In fact, that may have been a member of management that had to do air work from time to time, I forget. Anther name that was given to a part timer was Joe Beemer - the PD drove a BMW. Both of these would have been more than 12 years ago and they weren't used much or for long. Sounds like some other station picked Allen Parkway up after KILT dropped it.

Archived