Google slurping up Yelp

The speculation is that Google will integrate Yelp results with its local search and map functions.

I work with Google Maps a lot, and I can say that in the last six months the quality of information presented on the maps has really gone downhill.

The streets and fine, but the landmarks pointed out are way too often misnamed or in the wrong locations. A hotel I stayed in in Vancouver was marked on Google Maps almost a mile from its actual location. Google Maps has a marker for "Sears Tower" in the middle of a ship canal five miles south of its actual location.

I still trust Google's street maps and transit routing, but don't believe any of the place names I see. It had better get this straightened out before it links to Yelp information and the next thing you know there are negative reviews hovering over the wrong business.

I work with Google Maps a lot, and I can say that in the last six months the quality of information presented on the maps has really gone downhill.

The streets and fine, but the landmarks pointed out are way too often misnamed or in the wrong locations. A hotel I stayed in in Vancouver was marked on Google Maps almost a mile from its actual location. Google Maps has a marker for "Sears Tower" in the middle of a ship canal five miles south of its actual location.

I still trust Google's street maps and transit routing, but don't believe any of the place names I see. It had better get this straightened out before it links to Yelp information and the next thing you know there are negative reviews hovering over the wrong business.

Im over Google Maps, mostly due to long loading times, and an overall outdated interface complimented with the things you mentioned.

I use Bing Maps, the only thing that i wish it did have was the street view, but thats it.

Im over Google Maps, mostly due to long loading times, and an overall outdated interface complimented with the things you mentioned.

I use Bing Maps, the only thing that i wish it did have was the street view, but thats it.

Yeah, Google Maps is getting a little long in the tooth. I use Bing as a seondary but find it often less clear than Google maps. I wish Google had more layers you could turn on and off so at least I could deactivate all the inaccuracies.

I like Bing's bird's eye views, but they're hard to navigate.

I think part of the reason that Google is buying up so many small companies is that it's freaking out about Bing. This is like the ninth version of Microsoft Network Search, but it seems to be the one that's catching on, especially now that Yahoo! has gotten out of the search business.

Archived