New Guy

BARK

good god I wish I had the money for that. I found an old 8mp xt. the lens is the older ef 70-210 should be about 20 yrs old now. but it has a constant 4 ap and the optics are good. Hoya warming filter. The lens was 150 bucks. Other shots have the 35-80 kit lens

if you got the money for that though, get a full size body with 2 dials.

mine got the grey body though

I took a photography class in high school back in the day so I know a little bit of this.

Cool. I think I've see it. There is one brand that makes some nice looking cameras... not sure about the specs but they sure do look nice... high end I think.

The XT was my main camera for a long time. It's a good camera. As for ISO I used 200-400 for the regular day shots. 800 for night. I think 1600 is the top on that one right? I know people used it, but I never did because of the noise factor. Your mileage may vary.

Yeah you're dead on. One factor that I used to decide on the rebel xt was the high ISO ability. I always heard the quickness of lens was key. I thought high ISO was ok, but now I know about sensors better. I try to keep the thing at 100 all the time. 200 is ok, but I'm scared to use 400. Is that really ok for bright days, what about cloudy?

Yeah you're dead on. One factor that I used to decide on the rebel xt was the high ISO ability. I always heard the quickness of lens was key. I thought high ISO was ok, but now I know about sensors better. I try to keep the thing at 100 all the time. 200 is ok, but I'm scared to use 400. Is that really ok for bright days, what about cloudy?

Don't be afraid of 400. I probably used that one the most. I wouldn't even really be afraid of 800. As for the lens, that is definitely true. My most used lens is my Tamron 17-50 f/2.8.

Archived