Frigidaire Electric Range 1969

So the house came with this - it's pretty neat in my opinion and it's in good working order. I was hoping someone here could verify/contribute information about it.

It is a Frigidaire (from the GM era), avocado green, has a double oven, and has four wide electric heating coils. I *think* it is the "Custom Deluxe" model but I'm not completely sure.

Please forgive the picture - I'll try to upload a better one soon:

stove.jpg

http://eastridgeredux.blogspot.com/2009/10/frigidaire-gm-stove.html

Now that I have the model name correct I was able to find a tiny bit more about it online, though most searches return the "Flair" model which is MUCH cooler imo:

http://www.reflectionsofvermont.com/General-Photography/Miscellaneous-Albums/Frigidaire-Imperial-Range/6404103_PsBrT#405395099_DVqsA

This is the closest kin I could find:

http://thegoncehouse.blogspot.com/2009/05/pink-frigidaire-custom-imperial-range.html

• 4 months later...

Might be worth looking into having it repaired as opposed to replacing it. The question is how much it would cost - my folks had a Whirlpool oven of similar vintage that was built into a cabinet, and when the electric heating element died it turned out to be more to replace it than they were willing to pay. Of course, they were then faced with finding a replacement that would fit in the same space - not an easy or inexpensive task itself.

This may be of use, although their focus appears to be more on the older, highly collectable stoves such as Chambers and O'Keefe and Merritt.

And she died - farewell old oven :(

Such a shame. But it might be a fairly easy fix. At the country house, we have my husband's mother's original GE range that his parents bought in the early 50's when "electric" first came to their rural area. It has died several times and been resurrected each time for much less money than a new one would cost. It's always been about the elements, on top and in the oven. It's not nearly as fancy as your beauty but it does have the large work space on the right of the burners.

Eh, it's a goner. A technician came out and took a look and recommended selling it to a collector/restorer. Tried that and no takers so it'll be hauled off when the new one arrives. On the bright side I can use the gas connection that has been sitting idle back there for so long..

Might be worth looking into having it repaired as opposed to replacing it. The question is how much it would cost - my folks had a Whirlpool oven of similar vintage that was built into a cabinet, and when the electric heating element died it turned out to be more to replace it than they were willing to pay. Of course, they were then faced with finding a replacement that would fit in the same space - not an easy or inexpensive task itself.

This may be of use, although their focus appears to be more on the older, highly collectable stoves such as Chambers and O'Keefe and Merritt.

Thanks - checking it out now

Such a shame. But it might be a fairly easy fix. At the country house, we have my husband's mother's original GE range that his parents bought in the early 50's when "electric" first came to their rural area. It has died several times and been resurrected each time for much less money than a new one would cost. It's always been about the elements, on top and in the oven. It's not nearly as fancy as your beauty but it does have the large work space on the right of the burners.

I love the extra space next to the burners - can't say that the second oven is a big plus, though. Good thing in this case is that miraculously the home warranty is more than covering the cost of the new one (and gas instead of electric).

• 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to Frigidaire Electric Range 1969

Archived