11 "Incredible" Buildings From the Future

They'll be more "incredible" to me when someone actually builds one, but thought I'd share this list from HuffPo: Amazing Architecture - 11 Incredible Buildings From the Future

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/19/amazing-architecture-11-i_n_326249.html?slidenumber=8

Am I the only one feeling kinda moo about all of them? Or do I just need a Mountain Dew or something?

Am I the only one feeling kinda moo about all of them? Or do I just need a Mountain Dew or something?

You're not the only one. I do like the concept of the rotating tower...until pigeons start roosting between the floors and jamming up the machinery.

One can dream, but I'm really not that into conceptual architecture. Most of these designers place too much emphasis on the aesthetic of the building's form, rather than addressing the entire range of issues inherent in building design. These include things like, habitability of interior spaces, construction methods, cost of construction and maintenance, building code compliance, and integration with surroundings.

• 4 months later...

Archived