November 1, 2009

trymahjong

Interesting post in Wall Street Journal from "Inhistoric.com"

"11/1/09 The date on which the NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL will all be playing games, one of the few times in sports history that all four professional leagues have played on the same day--"

enjoy!

"11/1/09 The date on which the NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL will all be playing games, one of the few times in sports history that all four professional leagues have played on the same day--"

enjoy!

And that's my b-day. I turn 30. Way more important!

run for your lives!

Surely, this is what Nostradamus meant in one of his more obscure quatrains:

When the stars align so bright for all

to see the leaves will fall so must the sun

succumb to the sins of the evil brother

and the house of man must fall

This can only mean that on that date, a great apocalypse will come upon us. Further proof is given in the mayan calendar too.

enjoy!

This is only because Fox stretches out the MLB playoffs so damn much.

November baseball is just plain unnatural.

Surely, this is what Nostradamus meant in one of his more obscure quatrains:

When the stars align so bright for all

to see the leaves will fall so must the sun

succumb to the sins of the evil brother

and the house of man must fall

This can only mean that on that date, a great apocalypse will come upon us. Further proof is given in the mayan calendar too.

It could be that they are scared there might be a national shortage of beer and hot wings.

enjoy!

actually, he's wrong, at least 5 professional leagues have an event scheduled on Nov 1! NASCAR will be at Talladega, I mean, it is only the most spectated professional league in the USA...

actually, he's wrong, at least 5 professional leagues have an event scheduled on Nov 1! NASCAR will be at Talladega, I mean, it is only the most spectated professional league in the USA...

NASCAR - That is not auto racing. Come on. Turning left and flooring it. Hell, they don't even go around the track in the right direction. No, for true auto racing the only venue is F1 or 24hr of Le Mans.

NASCAR - That is not auto racing. Come on. Turning left and flooring it. Hell, they don't even go around the track in the right direction. No, for true auto racing the only venue is F1 or 24hr of Le Mans.

I agree completely, but it is the most watched professional league in the USA.

Whether it is a sport or not is up for debate! (notice that I was very careful to use the words "professional league")

I do find it entertaining to watch NASCAR when they do their 2 road courses a year, they have more wrecks at those 2 events than F1 has probably ever had at SPA.

Archived