Canary, coming to the old Beaucoup site on Elgin

I saw the signs on Monday at the old Beaucoup site on Elgin saying that "Canary" was coming soon. They'd started work on the inside by painting the walls canary yellow. I don't know what kind of food they'll be serving, anyone in the know about this new venue?

Elgin and Scott. Where the bookstore and the Domino's are.

And the (not so bad) Vietnamese sandwich shop is there. I still like Les Kavrales(sp?) better, cuz they at least take credit/debit cards. This, and many Asian establishements I have noticed, are stuck in a time warp and take cash only. OOPS sorry for the thread invasion. I googled Canary Houston and there is the Canary Club. Just by looking at their website, I hope that they are not opening a new lounge on Elgin. Not my cup of tee(&A).

• 3 weeks later...

I googled Canary Houston and there is the Canary Club. Just by looking at their website, I hope that they are not opening a new lounge on Elgin. Not my cup of tee(&A).

You're in luck because I found out that it's not a lounge. The signage says that it's a "Cafe and Grille". Still no word on an opening date though.

• 5 weeks later...

Canary is open. I saw signs along Elgin directing people to Canary, which is "Now Open!". I didn't go in, but I saw a picture of a gyro on the front stating that they had the best gyros or something like that. I guess they specialize in Greek Cuisine, or they may dabble in everything with gyros being their specialty. I won't know until I step in, unless someone here has already beat me to it?

Their credit machine won't be in until next week, and I found myself sans cash, so I didn't eat there. Checked the giant wall menu; it's standard Mediterranean cafe fare. Gyro is $4.95. A few people were eating and watching the flat-screens. I'll definitely hit the ATM soon and try the food.

Their credit machine won't be in until next week, and I found myself sans cash, so I didn't eat there. Checked the giant wall menu; it's standard Mediterranean cafe fare. Gyro is $4.95. A few people were eating and watching the flat-screens. I'll definitely hit the ATM soon and try the food.

Thanks for the info.

Sounds good. Not too many places nearby where you can get Mediterranean...closest I can think of is the Dimassis buffet on Kirby across from Reliant Stadium. I may give Canary a try Friday...if I can get myself to keep driving past Guy's Meat Market.