Kemah Among The Top 10 Boardwalks In U.S

editor

Seems to me that the people who think the Kemah Boardwalk belongs on the Forbes Top 10 list hate those who don't think so.

Seems to me that people who don't think the Kemah Boardwalk belongs on the Forbes Top 10 are indifferent to those who think it should be.

Now who is the 'hater'?

Seems to me people who want to deprive people from having a little fun for a while at a boardwalk are the haters. That means YOU spider.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry. Never been anyone else. If I ever had to leave this site because people were too serious (anal), too anti-opinions-of-anyone-else (anal), lacked sense of humor (anal), etc....... I wouldn't want to be reincarnated.

There used to be an enormous amount of threads on HAIF that I enjoyed... especially the historical Houston discussions.... seems everything has been discussed I guess. I wouldn't even be posting if it wasn't so slow at work. I guess the biggest thing going on in Houston right now is the discussion of the 9th wonder of the world - the Kemah Boardwalk.

Anyone know how to "ignore" a thread, vs. just ignoring a member?

Anal is the perfect word to describe someone who has contributed several dozen post to a topic that she doesn't believe deserves to be this long, simply because they think they are going to get the last word. You have a job?

I guess some folk just don't like a discussion. Sorry to sully the silly Boardwalk thread,

I wouldn't classify it as discussion; I'd call it bickering and it's draining all of my powers. wacko.gif

Think I'm done with this thread.

CONTRATULATIONS KEMAH BOARDWALK on making the top 10 list. Hope to get down there soon.

Seems to me people who want to deprive people from having a little fun for a while at a boardwalk are the haters. That means YOU spider.

I don't remember anyone... including myself... wanting to "deprive" anyone of anything. How do you deduct that anyone - anyone - is against people visiting the Kemah Boardwalk? Because we don't think it deserves a Forbes "ranking" means we should tear it down or put up a blockade?

Getting a little delusional... when you start making things up....

Per scientific observation:

Visualizing the majority of those who agree with Forbes: red-faced, pissed off, seething, yelling and throwing things, hating all those who disagree with them (and Forbes). Don't smoke pot and hate pot-smokers.

Visualizing the majority of those who disagree with Forbes: laughing through this entire thread the last few days. High probability of being pot-smokers.

Hmmmm.... pretty obvious who the group is that's enjoying life.

I don't remember anyone... including myself... wanting to "deprive" anyone of anything. How do you deduct that anyone - anyone - is against people visiting the Kemah Boardwalk? Because we don't think it deserves a Forbes "ranking" means we should tear it down or put up a blockade?

Getting a little delusional... when you start making things up....

Making things up like "tear it down or put up a blockade"? Where did that come from? You made that up out of thin cyberspace. Talk about delusional. Now you can add 'incoherent' to your list of self descriptors.

Anal is the perfect word to describe someone who has contributed several dozen post to a topic that she doesn't believe deserves to be this long, simply because they think they are going to get the last word. You have a job?

Yes, it's a voluntary job. I won the lottery 3 years ago. Today I am a volunteer for "Kemah 2018" - an organization set up to help bring the Special Olympics to Kemah in 2018. If successful, we'll build a hovering sports complex over the bay attached to the boardwalk.

Ok, for the sake of discussion I will steer this party bus back between the ditches.

Does anyone think the the Kemah Boardwalk would have been better if it was located on the beach at Galveston? I know that there was never any way that the Mitchells and Moodys would allow Fertitta to do such a thing.

Per scientific observation:

Visualizing the majority of those who agree with Forbes: red-faced, pissed off, seething, yelling and throwing things, hating all those who disagree with them (and Forbes). Don't smoke pot and hate pot-smokers.

Visualizing the majority of those who disagree with Forbes: laughing through this entire thread the last few days. High probability of being pot-smokers.

Hmmmm.... pretty obvious who the group is that's enjoying life.

Visualizing the majority of those who agree with Forbes unemployed, losers who can't get anyone to listen to them in real life so they spend all day (everyday it seems) yanking people's chains.

Nobody is taking this thread as seriously as you. You have the post numbers to prove it.

Ok - Pick any education category you like or how about property tax rates or climate or outdoor recreation oportunities or historical preservation or, hell why go on.

• The property taxes are pretty well balanced by the lack of income tax.
  • The climate is quite pleasant the other eight months of the year.
  • The topography may not be the most interesting, but there are plenty of parks and an ocean very close by. And Memorial Park is one of the largest urban parks in the country.
  • Historical preservation is weak, yes, I'll give you that.

You're also leaving out things like arts and theater, the diversity, the restaurants, the cost of living, and the job opportunities, to name a few. I can think of many cities that suck much worse, boardwalks notwithstanding.

Ok, for the sake of discussion I will steer this party bus back between the ditches.

Does anyone think the the Kemah Boardwalk would have been better if it was located on the beach at Galveston? I know that there was never any way that the Mitchells and Moodys would allow Fertitta to do such a thing.

I think Tillman has plans for the Flagship Hotel peer. So with a little luck, we will be catfighting about 2 Houston area boardwalks in the near future.

Corpus Christi shot down Fertitta few years back. Attempt was a Kemah-like boardwalk along the Bay off Ocean Blvd.

Galveston doesn't have enough beach space to build anything of the sort. It could be off the beach, but I think Kemah was a much wiser decision. Location, location, location. Kemah gives access from many directions. Driving ot Kemah is one thing. Driving to Galveston, all the way to the beach, is another.

Yea. Kudos for the tax revenue. Revenue is one thing... use of that revenue is another.

Perhaps Houston can vote for a City Lottery to help raise money to fix our worthless school system. The Texas Lottery was supposed to be, primarily, for SCHOOLS. Gee... wonder where that money is really going. Only a matter of time before all the 5A schools in the inner city when I was a child end up being 3A.

I'm born and raised. I give Houston a 2 out of 5 stars. I'd give it a 4 if they'd build a wall around the city and quit letting illegals in. I'd give it a 5 if they could do the former, AND figure out a way to send back every thug that came here from New Orleans after Katrina. And let's be honest... more thugs came and stayed than non-thugs.

I'm curious. What is your obsession with Ethnicity and race all about? Did a Black person take your job as a stocker at Walmart? Are you upset that Mexican immigrants can frame a house better than you? I don't think I have ever met anyone as obsessed about Blacks and immigrants as much as you appear to be. In virtually every thread you find a way to turn it into a vitriolic discussion on race and ethnicity. Perhaps worst of all, you appear to be proud to sound like a mouth breathing trailer dweller. Seriously, there are other forums that welcome your bitter close-minded approach to life. Don't you think you might be happier posting with like-minded bigots? Just asking.

I'm curious. What is your obsession with Ethnicity and race all about? Did a Black person take your job as a stocker at Walmart? Are you upset that Mexican immigrants can frame a house better than you? I don't think I have ever met anyone as obsessed about Blacks and immigrants as much as you appear to be. In virtually every thread you find a way to turn it into a vitriolic discussion on race and ethnicity. Perhaps worst of all, you appear to be proud to sound like a mouth breathing trailer dweller. Seriously, there are other forums that welcome your bitter close-minded approach to life. Don't you think you might be happier posting with like-minded bigots? Just asking.

Hey some folks just like to smoke cigs while they pump gas.

ooh, don't forget the lesbanese!

doh. different thread.

Yeah, the webmaster creates a nice, innocent, low key topic to start a discussion about Kemah being placed on a top 10 list (a positive thing) and Spider spends the better half of 2 days ranting and raving about all the people he hates in this world and getting all hot-headed over fellow HAIFers with a difference of opinion. What a valuable contributor to this website.

I don't care whether anyone agrees with Forbes Magazine, the latest college football rankings, or the presidents health care package, there is no need to bash Mexicans or people who lost all their belongings in a hurricane. Spider should be ashamed for trying to turn this positive article from Forbes into such a negitive, ugly, hate filled and pointless rant-fest.

I like Kemah -so I guess I need to be deported or placed outside this 'wall' that Spider and his friends want to build around Houston so they can all go back and live in the Houston of 20 years ago. I remember Houston 20 years ago. What was so great about 1989 anyway?

• The title was changed to Kemah Among The Top 10 Boardwalks In U.S
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived