West University Little League In World Series

texas911

West U's Senior Little League team has made it to the championship game at the World Series. Not as famous as the 10 year old World series, but quite an accomplishment still. Its the 14 year old division. They are representing West U, the city of Houston, Texas and the Southwest Region.

Its on ESPNU at 2:00. They are battling a team from California.

Go West U!

West U's Senior Little League team has made it to the championship game at the World Series. Not as famous as the 10 year old World series, but quite an accomplishment still. Its the 14 year old division. They are representing West U, the city of Houston, Texas and the Southwest Region.

Go West U!

Actually, the famous one is for 11 and 12 year olds :)

Nice for West U!

Go West U!

As i was reading this, i envisioned a bunch of old men playing baseball. Then i kept on reading, and realized its 14 year olds.

Anyways , congrats! The Dynamo aren't the only winning team Houston has.

Article from the The West University Examiner

The West University Little League Senior Division team built a 7-0 lead Saturday afternoon, and then held on for a 9-7 victory over Niles-Centerville of Fremont, Calif. to win the Little League Senior Division championship at Shawn T. Mansfield Stadium in Bangor, Maine.

“I’m just so proud of these boys. I can’t even describe this feeling,” said West U Little League manager Trey Cornelius, who along with Will McDaniel and Scott Zornes coached the team. “I mean we’re World Champions. How do you even put that feeling into words? I don’t know because I’ve never been a world champion before.

“I just know we feel really good right now about what we accomplished. I guess being world champions is something that will sink in later.”

It also says its 15-16 year olds....?

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2009/08/23/west_university_examiner/breaking_news/sp_ex_wwullchampions_base.txt

• The title was changed to West University Little League In World Series

Archived