DNA, blood testing by some private firm?

I had turned on the tv the other night and a local station(not sure which one?) had done a story about some private firm doing private DNA testing for spouses who suspect their SO of cheating. They also mentioned the firm doing different blood tests. Does anyone know which company they're talking about? I can't recall and it didn't help that i turned it on at the tail end of the story. Thanks.

What would you test? Do you plan on talking your SO into submitting to a rape exam? :unsure:

There are literally dozens of private labs that perform DNA paternity testing. However, pardon me for pointing out the obvious, but if you feel the need to hire private I's or perform DNA testing, you do not have a relationship worth salvaging.

• Like 1

What would you test? Do you plan on talking your SO into submitting to a rape exam? :unsure:

There are literally dozens of private labs that perform DNA paternity testing. However, pardon me for pointing out the obvious, but if you feel the need to hire private I's or perform DNA testing, you do not have a relationship worth salvaging.

Actually, it is for a friend of mine. I told my friend about the news story who is interested in finding out if his SO is cheating. I can't recall the name of the firm in the news report. I believe it aired Wednesday?

There are lots of private companies that will do the DNA testing you require. It's usually not cheap. I've seen OTC kits, but I don't trust them for accuracy.

If you have a good relationship with your doctor, or he's in a very professional office you could ask them who they would recommend. Yellow pages and internet search are other possibilities.

I’m confused (so what else is new?). Just what should the SO be (SOB?) tested for. Would some woman want her husband tested to make sure her baby is his? I don’t get it?

If I. Remember correctly, you can get a sample from an intimate area or clothing to see if there is DNA of someone OTHER then those involved. Saw it in a related broadcast a year or so ago.

Now, if the DNA is located in an area it shouldn't be, then the odds are they are cheating.

Obtaining it from underwear or the inside of trousers could be done more discretely then asking him to rub a bodypart against a swab; unless you can convince him its some new kind of foreplay. LOL.

OK, so now I understand that part. Now that leads me to another question – why the heck should the employee get involved in Monkey Business? And it seems like there would be a liability issue at stake. Does an employer have the right to test an employee without his knowledge, and just because of his wife’s suggestion?

For that matter, other than law enforcement or other government agencies, who has the right to test another without consent? Or at least without notice?

OK, so now I understand that part. Now that leads me to another question – why the heck should the employee get involved in Monkey Business? And it seems like there would be a liability issue at stake. Does an employer have the right to test an employee without his knowledge, and just because of his wife’s suggestion?

For that matter, other than law enforcement or other government agencies, who has the right to test another without consent? Or at least without notice?

Don't know, but from the news report, it seems that alot of people are using these DNA firms. Then again, we also have private investigators involved in the monkey business.