The Philcade Tower.

Skyline%20Dusk.JPG

The Tulsa skyline at dusk.

boston_ave.jpg

Boston Avenue.

Philbrook%20Statue.JPG

The Philbrook.

Skyline%20River%20Day.JPG

The Arkansas River, Midtown, and Downtown all in one.

Boston%20Avenue%20Methodist%20Church.JPG

Boston Avenue Methodist Chuch in Downtown.

Guest danax

Some great art-deco/modernist architecture. Nice to see that they've saved so much. You would think that as a dust bowl town there wouldn't have been much in the way of elegant architectural creations in the 30s but apparently not. That train depot has got to be one of the best of that era left in the US. I had a friend that once lived in Tulsa and he kept talking about it and I was always wondering what it looked like. Have they done anything with the river?

Some great art-deco/modernist architecture. Nice to see that they've saved so much. You would think that as a dust bowl town there wouldn't have been much in the way of elegant architectural creations in the 30s but apparently not. That train depot has got to be one of the best of that era left in the US. I had a friend that once lived in Tulsa and he kept talking about it and I was always wondering what it looked like. Have they done anything with the river?

They sure have. OKC's swagger must have been getting to them. River taxis will soon cruise the Arkansas River from about 121st Street (The Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks) to about 21st Street in Midtown. People are talking about building a canal so that the river taxis can get to Cherry Street, Tulsa's night life strip. But even then, the Tulsa Riverparks were the city's best feauture. You could watch a concert on the floating river amphitheater, or ride a bike along the river from Downtown to Jenks around 121st Street, and even lately BOk has started funding a project to add a few statues along Riverside Drive, if it hasn't already been done.

It

Looks good! Thanks for posting these pics (otherwise, many of us would not have known that such a city like this even existed..lol)

Archived