Bullritos On FM 1960 And N. Eldridge Pkwy.

jimcas

Saw this going in near the Panda Express on FM 1960 and N.Eldridge. BULLRITOS.

Apparently started by the owners of GRINGOS restaurants.

Looks pretty good based on the website and the reviews on B4-u-eat.

http://www.bullritos.com/locations.html

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurants/reviews/rsv5821.asp

Looks good, but do we have room for another franchise? We are pretty saturated.

We already have Freebirds World Burrito, Mission Burrito, and Chipotle: Gourmet Burritos and Tacos.

I guess like TexMex joints, Houston may be able to sustain multiple Burrito places.

If the food's anything like Gringo's then I don't have very high hopes.

Gringo's has a nice enough looking restaurants (ex. Cypresswood location), but the food is some of the blandest, poorest quality Tex-Mex I've had in this city.

Hopefully Bullritos is better.

If the food's anything like Gringo's then I don't have very high hopes.

Gringo's has a nice enough looking restaurants (ex. Cypresswood location), but the food is some of the blandest, poorest quality Tex-Mex I've had in this city.

Hopefully Bullritos is better.

You're right, Gringo's is pretty Americanized when it comes to authentic Mexican.

They did not have luck with their Cajun venture, Gringeaux. Maybe this will be more lucrative.

• 4 months later...

Looks good, but do we have room for another franchise? We are pretty saturated.

We already have Freebirds World Burrito, Mission Burrito, and Chipotle: Gourmet Burritos and Tacos.

I guess like TexMex joints, Houston may be able to sustain multiple Burrito places.

You inner-loopers might have lots of choices, but us folks in the 'burbs don't have so many. The closest Chipotle's to me are on opposites ends of 1960 (one at Deerbrook Mall and one at 249 across from Willowbrook Mall). Same for Freebirds near Champions. I have never even seen a Mission so can't say if we have one or not.

I say the more the merrier.

They have opened one of the Bullritos in La Porte that I have been to and it is ok. I like it better than Chipotle, but it doesn't hold a candle to Freebirds, IMO. Since opening the one in La Porte, they are also set to open another on Center street in Deer Park and one on the Beltway in Pasadena. Seems like kinda a fast expansion to me and the ones on this side of town seem kinda close together.

I'll keep going as it is right down the street from my work and it is decent and reasonably priced.

• The title was changed to Bullritos On FM 1960 And N. Eldridge Pkwy.

Archived