Bad rep blues

IronTiger

Change is coming.

Can we be of any assistance?

There are several criteria by which posts can be ranked. A post may contain little useful content, yet I might find it perceptive and funny.

Some replies are just plain mean. They might not violate terms of service, but detract from a civil exchange of ideas.

My favorite posts contain significant content. I appreciate HAIFers who have done their homework, and post well researched, educational comments, as opposed to "Me, too" or "Hmm" replies.

I don't envy that you have many options for ranking systems from which to decide. As someone remarked earlier, there have been posts with which he disagrees, yet respects how well the opinions were expressed.

I'd like to hear what options you're exploring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite posts contain significant content. I appreciate HAIFers who have done their homework, and post well researched, educational comments, as opposed to "Me, too" or "Hmm" replies.

You know what would be really useful? A search that allows you to pull posts with the most positives...sort of like a digg...so you could quickly look at posts the haif community has rated the best/most pertinent/most useful.

You know what would be really useful? A search that allows you to pull posts with the most positives...sort of like a digg...so you could quickly look at posts the haif community has rated the best/most pertinent/most useful.

Good idea!

I'd also be interested to know which topics or posts are of most interest to non-HAIFers. We've become an internet resource.

• 2 months later...

Any word on this idea, I would definitely like to see a "hot", "featured", or "positive" topic section added.

Archived