KTRK Channel 13 Announcer

Ptarmigan

Who did the voices for KTRK-TV for this one:

And this one, there are two different ones (the one who says it is tonight's rebroadcast and the other who says 13 Eyewitness News is close captioned):

The other one, two different ones (the one who announces about the Marathon and the KTRK information for sign-off)

i was counting the million dollar movie voice too. i think charles harrison is the rebroadcast one.

Have no idea who the voice of the Late Movie ending is.

The voice of the "rebroadcast" reminder was Charles Harrison.

The voice of the Eyewitness News intro was Bill Young, the former 1960s KILT DJ and Program Director, and the current owner/major talent of Bill Young Productions.

i was counting the million dollar movie voice too. i think charles harrison is the rebroadcast one.

You're right. The voice of the "rebroadcast" reminder was Charles Harrison.

The voice of the Eyewitness News intro was Bill Young, the former 1960s KILT DJ and Program Director, and now the owner/major talent of Bill Young Productions.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2009 at 11:17 AM, Ptarmigan said:

I wonder who was the announcer for KTXH-TV back in the 1980s and early 1990s? I sometimes hear his voice even today.

That would be Randy Schell.

For the others, the announcer on the first clip is Val Davis, who was one of KTRK's voices into the early 90's. His voice is also heard in the second clip teasing the Million Dollar Movie.

For that second clip (the CC tag and news intro); I t was definitely Bill Young.

The voice announcing the Marathon coverage is that of Ed O'Brien, who is now the primary VO talent on KTRK.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That voice of KTXH from the 80s is also the house voice over for Cox Radio Houston. Interestingly he did VOs for 106.9 KKZR in the mid 90s and was back doing it again not long after 106-9 The Point launched

Drjage, I found this video clip from Nov. 29, 1990

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGnHbdvw_xl

Hey ChannelTwoNews, I also noticed in this video during the 6pm open that year, they had both Joe Diaz and Ed Brandon during the weather segments, was this the first time KTRK 13 had ever done this ?

That was right after Ed Brandon came out of rehab. That intro which was once referred to by Ken Hoffman as the "parade of talent" didn't last too long. I think Frank Billingsley ended up doing the Earth 13 segments when Diaz left.

• 3 weeks later...

ahh....the era when they actually reported the news like hawks in Houston

Fox 26 used to pride themselves on the scoop...they've gotten relaxed now...the can go back to 30 minutes as most of the news is fluff....what happened to the 30 minute shows after the news? City Under Seige..lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I think that set debuted pre-1986, prior to Metromedia's sale to News Corporation. Was one of the better looking ones out there, and I have seen versions of it in other places, though the lighting and choices for the prints in the background make it a personal favorite from the period, for me.

I actually contributed that clip into the trading community. I've seen some of the Metromedia-era news briefs that are out there on the video-sharing sites, but am always looking for more. Something about a station using Billy Ocean's "Loverboy" for their news music is just weirdly fascinating to me.

FWIW, The only stuff I have before that period is from 1987 and 1985, both from their afternoon kids block.

HBCU, check out this video from Fox 26 on November 6, 1988:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltPttRVoeq0

They unveiled this studio set with the downtown skyline back in 1986 (same year that KTRK 13 did with theirs).

Archived