We're becoming a dot-com

editor

It's official. I made the payment and transfered the houstonarchitecture.com domain to the Artefaqs Corporation today.

I'm a little tied up with some other things, but I'll post details Tuesday.

This works right now from some parts of the internet, but not all:

http://HoustonArchitecture.com/

This hasn't propagated to most of the 'net just yet, but should be active soon:

http://www.HoustonArchitecture.com/

Will I need to update my bookmark?

Not immediately. We'll keep the .info for at least a year or two. Maybe indefinitely.

I know it was mentioned in the other thread but you're going to keep "thehaif.com" for easy forum access right?

Yes, TheHAIF.com will continue to point directly to the forum.

When do I get to geek out with the month sponsorship BTW?

Patience, grasshopper. There are technical things to work out first.

I think I did most of this right. Please take a walk around the forum and the web site and make sure everything works.

I have a list of about 10 small things I will fix in the next couple of days, but it appears that the transition from .info to .com was successful.

We'll know for sure in a few months as Google updates itself.

I think I did most of this right. Please take a walk around the forum and the web site and make sure everything works.

I have a list of about 10 small things I will fix in the next couple of days, but it appears that the transition from .info to .com was successful.

We'll know for sure in a few months as Google updates itself.

I had to log in which messed with my marked-as-read stuff, other than that everything looks fine.

With the change in domain everyone gets new cookies. Sorry about that. Some browsers will freak out if the cookies being set by a particular web site don't match up with that site's domain name.

When I click on Add Reply(full reply), the browser goes haywire. Fast Reply has been okay but sometimes when submit the post it goes to the page that lists all the forums and it doesn't post.

How about now?

Thanks for all the hard work, Editor! I would also like to extend a thanks to those who donated to make this possible.

(Maybe I'll be able to donate myself once I'm done being a broke uni student...lol)

Thanks for all the hard work, Editor! I would also like to extend a thanks to those who donated to make this possible.

(Maybe I'll be able to donate myself once I'm done being a broke uni student...lol)

I like the new badge, thanks for the honor Editor.

Also, is this forum section, now, dare I say, "dated" :P

Thanks for all the hard work, Editor!

Definitely, I have been enjoying this site for a long time. I am glad that you (Editor) have put in the dedication for so long to run such an awesome forum and website!

Well, yesterday Google noticed that we've moved from .info to .com.

That means when you search for "Houston Architecture" we're no longer the first, second, and third entry.

Now TheHAIF.com is first. The other two entries are gone. And as a result traffic yesterday was down 60%.

Hopefully Google will soon realize that HAIF is a huge community and restore us to our place at the top of the search results.

Hopefully.

• 1 month later...

I just noticed that Ad-block Plus for Firefox was blocking ads on HAIF for me, I didn't think to change it after the .com switch (sorry!). So, I just disabled it so Editor gets more hits. Anyone else using ABP who values HAIF please remember to do the same!

I just noticed that Ad-block Plus for Firefox was blocking ads on HAIF for me, I didn't think to change it after the .com switch (sorry!). So, I just disabled it so Editor gets more hits. Anyone else using ABP who values HAIF please remember to do the same!

Thank you for being so conscientious. I really appreciate that.

Here's a question I have: what exactly is the "locked topic" picture? When I squint and stare closely, it looks police officers or something but from a distance it looks like the lower half of a tiger's face.

EDIT: and no, not my avatar. Don't ask!

It's a picture of a bunch of HPD officers with some guy handcuffed and bent over the trunk of a squad car while they search his pockets. It happened right below my window years ago (back when HPD cars were still blue), so I took a picture of it.

Archived