Spam PMs

IronTiger

So I noticed that I got a PM from a deleted user. Curious, I opened it. It said...

"Hello

My name is miss judith.i saw your profile today and became intrested in you,i will also like to know more about you,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so that i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address (judith_20094@yahoo.com) .i believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life) please send me mail to my e mail address.

Please rpely me with my email address here

(judith_20094@yahoo.com)"

Who? What the heck? I imagine emailing this "person" would open a wave of spam...did anyone else get something like this?

I got it too. Judith made a critical mistake; No way somebody can get interested in me after seeing my profile, so I had to ignore her.

My profile has even less. Let's see...I'm a male in College Station, Texas. Quite specific. B)

Should I feel happy or neglected that I never received one?

Judith, am I not worthy?!?!? <_<

It happens to be that of all of us on this thread, you're the only one with a real person in a profile picture. Coincidence?

It happens to be that of all of us on this thread, you're the only one with a real person in a profile picture. Coincidence?

Yeah, some of you look very handsome with that green turtle sweater.

Judith's account was deleted within minutes of her sending the spam. It originated in Africa. It's part of the reason I've had to turn the PM spam protection back on. I know that's an annoyance for some people, but it keeps the majority from being similarly annoyed.

• 1 month later...

Archived