Mechanic Reccomendations?

lockmat

Does anyone know of a good mechanic in the 77055 area or 10-15 miles nearby?

The oil was changed in it just three weeks ago, yet the reader on the dash said to Change the Oil Soon because it was at 3%. I thought it just needed to be reset and then I checked and it was bone dry. I have no idea how that happened.

Anyway, just looking for a good honest place to check it out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edit: Somewhere along I-10 or 610N coming from Denver Harbor would probably be okay, but 77055 is best.

Or if someone knows of a good website that can refer me to a good mechanic, that would be nice too.

Does anyone know of a good mechanic in the 77055 area or 10-15 miles nearby?

The oil was changed in it just three weeks ago, yet the reader on the dash said to Change the Oil Soon because it was at 3%. I thought it just needed to be reset and then I checked and it was bone dry. I have no idea how that happened.

Anyway, just looking for a good honest place to check it out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

WHATEVER YOU DO ! DO NOT DRIVE THAT CAR UNTIL YOU PUT SOME MORE OIL IN IT ! Although, it is most likely that the oil pan's bolt is twisted in wrong and leaking or the bolt is missing all together. OOOOORRRR the oil filter is on wrong and is spitting it out. Tow it back to where you had the oil changed, let them be responsible, hold THEM accountable.

WHATEVER YOU DO ! DO NOT DRIVE THAT CAR UNTIL YOU PUT SOME MORE OIL IN IT ! Although, it is most likely that the oil pan's bolt is twisted in wrong and leaking or the bolt is missing all together. OOOOORRRR the oil filter is on wrong and is spitting it out. Tow it back to where you had the oil changed, let them be responsible, hold THEM accountable.

Yeah, as soon as I saw it was low, I put another bottle in. It's actually not my car and I didn't have time to look and see if the bolt was not screwed in all the way or properly. The weird thing is that where the car sits at night, there is no sign of an oil leak and when it's driven there is not any smoke or strange smell.

Yeah, as soon as I saw it was low, I put another bottle in. It's actually not my car and I didn't have time to look and see if the bolt was not screwed in all the way or properly. The weird thing is that where the car sits at night, there is no sign of an oil leak and when it's driven there is not any smoke or strange smell.

No smell or smoke means that its not burning off, its just leaking out.

The filter or plug was not installed correctly. I would call the shop and have them tow the car on their nickel.

No smell or smoke means that its not burning off, its just leaking out.

The filter or plug was not installed correctly. I would call the shop and have them tow the car on their nickel.

Actually, it was changed at a shop in Houston before our trip to Mexico. I believe on the way there it still said 16% (not sure if it resets automatically or not). But then before coming back, her dad changed it too, I believe.

It IS possible that the last place that had it, forgot to actually put oil in it. I have seen it happen before. But, if you have been driving it for 3 weeks like that. Then EVERYONE should rethink about buying a GM product. ;)

It IS possible that the last place that had it, forgot to actually put oil in it. I have seen it happen before. But, if you have been driving it for 3 weeks like that. Then EVERYONE should rethink about buying a GM product. ;)

It's possible. But I thought her dad checked the oil, too, unless he just totally missed it. Who knows.

Have any of you used Angie's List? You have to pay for it. I wonder how many mechanics they have listed or it's worth it.

https://www.angieslist.com/AngiesList/Login.aspx

Christian Bros. Auto has alwways treated us well and done a good job.

They have several locations in the area.

Hey, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, I believe their closest location is a little too far.

I've setteld for J&T Automotive in Spring Branch. Guy said they're swamped, so hopefully that's a good sign. They also recieved good reviews at cartalk.com

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=U...8814&li=lmd

• 4 weeks later...

I would just like to say that I took my car to HCS Automotive and they did a great job. They do a thorough job and even gave me some discounts. Great customer service.

They have two locations; one in spring and one on Dunvale, south of Richmond. I took it there since that location is open on Saturday's.

http://www.hcsauto.com/

Archived