Say No To Fiesta Until They Say Yes To Mams House Of Ice

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops - we went to 23rd and Shepherd, and they were only $1.00 but NOTHING special. We'll get it right next time.

The little booth at the Fiesta? No, not the same. That is not a snoball. Just a nasty slushy.

The little booth at the Fiesta? No, not the same. That is not a snoball. Just a nasty slushy.

LMAO. No offense to y'all, but we were thinking, what the 'heck' are these people talking about?!?! The guy put shaved ice in a cup and drizzled sugar water on top.

LMAO. No offense to y'all, but we were thinking, what the 'heck' are these people talking about?!?! The guy put shaved ice in a cup and drizzled sugar water on top.

Sounds about right to me...it's a snoball stand

MAM's House of Ice is on 20th at Rutland. Just west of Yale.

Sorry OkieEric. There's a trick to avoiding the topic, don't click on the link. :)

Wait - 14th and Studewood or 20th and Rutland? And how many Fiesta's does the Heights have, lol?!?!

We'll find it next weekend. I do not recommend the one at 23rd - then again they also sell roasted corn and the such.

Wait - 14th and Studewood or 20th and Rutland? And how many Fiesta's does the Heights have, lol?!?!

We'll find it next weekend. I do not recommend the one at 23rd - then again they also sell roasted corn and the such.

They had to leave 14th at Studewood (Fiesta parking lot) so they found a better location at 20th and Rutland. They are across Rutland from the 20th St. Kroger.

I am told that his main complaint is the sound of the generators. I was sitting next to the generators and I was unaware of their presence. Evidently this man has sued Fiesta multiple times, so they would just rather not deal with him.

Call your local Fiesta and complain. Tell them you will not shop there if they are not going to fight for the communities in which they do business. Allowing one person to make decisions for the entire community does not show strength of character. I will be shopping everywhere but Fiesta. Call Fiesta and tell them to say yes MAM's!

Ridiculous, you will be playing right into the hands of the man who complained and got the snoball stand moved if you boycott Fiesta.

He clearly has longstanding "problems" with he supermarket, and if he is the same individual who has previously posted about these "problems" on other websites, it stems from his prejudices against Mexicans and other Spanish-speaking peoples that live in the neighborhood.

Keep shopping at Fiesta if it fits your location and budget (they've got some cheap produce!) and get your New Orleans-quality snoballs at the stand's new location.

Ridiculous, you will be playing right into the hands of the man who complained and got the snoball stand moved if you boycott Fiesta.

He clearly has longstanding "problems" with he supermarket, and if he is the same individual who has previously posted about these "problems" on other websites, it stems from his prejudices against Mexicans and other Spanish-speaking peoples that live in the neighborhood.

Keep shopping at Fiesta if it fits your location and budget (they've got some cheap produce!) and get your New Orleans-quality snoballs at the stand's new location.

boycotting or shopping won't matter. contrary to earlier rumors, i have now heard that fiesta is indeed moving out of that building in 18 mos when their lease expires. it's too bad b/c, although i don't shop there with any regularity, i know they have made a lot of improvements in what they carry and have also worked to keep the store much cleaner. i had hopes it would become like the montrose store. now i wonder if they will dump some extra time and money in to the one on shepherd?

and if this guy doesn't like mexicans, he sure picked one hell of a house in one hell of a neighborhood. plenty of mexicans in the heights and certainly plenty shopping at fiesta. unless he lived there before it was a fiesta and if that is the case i'm shocked he can use a computer...

A little late to the game. All done, all over. Everybody's happy!

• 1 month later...

In a grass lot with park benches? Gone :(

0-2 on trying to get a durned snoball!

park benches? i think you might have the wrong location. there are no park benches at MAMs. just picnic tables. the lot also has some chintzy wood spikes with string which are a sad attempt (but better than no attempt) to seperate parking from the kids-can-run-around area.

in other snoball news- Serena, the manager from Antidote, will also be opening a snoball stand in the next couple of months. this has been in the works for a long time and i was kicking myself when MAMs opened first... anyway, her stand will be at 10 1/2 next to Hello, Lucky and rather than your traditional syrups she will have fresh juices and homemade syrups. on white linen night i had grapefruit. heaven. she also had one called "amber" which was carmelized sugar. my niece had creme brulee and she had about 8-10 other fresh flavors. i think the heights can definitely support both these businesses :)

park benches? i think you might have the wrong location. there are no park benches at MAMs. just picnic tables. the lot also has some chintzy wood spikes with string which are a sad attempt (but better than no attempt) to seperate parking from the kids-can-run-around area.

in other snoball news- Serena, the manager from Antidote, will also be opening a snoball stand in the next couple of months. this has been in the works for a long time and i was kicking myself when MAMs opened first... anyway, her stand will be at 10 1/2 next to Hello, Lucky and rather than your traditional syrups she will have fresh juices and homemade syrups. on white linen night i had grapefruit. heaven. she also had one called "amber" which was carmelized sugar. my niece had creme brulee and she had about 8-10 other fresh flavors. i think the heights can definitely support both these businesses :)

Just west of Kroger across Rutland? Saturday about 1 PM there were two picnic benches and nothing more, just grass....?

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Say No To Fiesta Until They Say Yes To Mams House Of Ice

Archived