TheNiche Day

editor

HAIF user TheNice has reached 10,000 posts and thus gets a day on HAIF in his honor.

TheNiche and I have not always seen eye-to-eye on a number of topics, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he puts a lot of his time and effort into helping create a forum of diverse opinions.

In addition to getting a day, I've sent him a great big poster showing his achievement:

TheNiche10000.jpg

Will every person who reaches 10,000 posts get a poster? Maybe. Maybe not. They may get something better. Or worse. It's all pretty random and based on the availability of time and money. But the moderators thought I should do something special for the first person to reach 10,000.

Please take a moment to congratulate or thank TheNiche for his effort.

What I've always liked about TheNiche that I can't really say about anyone else is that he's the most "level-headed". He can disagree with your ideas but doesn't rip your throat out.

Agreed. As well as almost all of his posts are well thought out and often times makes me look at things or think of things I never would have.

Grats on 10k posts (I don't know how you did it, but wow)

I just noticed the banner up top. This is something, indeed! I will refrain from ribbing you too much. Next Happy Hour we can all sign your poster so you can hang it in your bedroom. ;) The women you bring back to NicheLair will love it.

Sharing TheNiche Day, June 5:

RFK was assassinated

Ronald Reagan died

and it was the day FDR took the US off the gold standard, back in in 1933.

SPEECH...SPEECH

Oh please, not a Niche speech. :P

Happy DAY!

Niche is still alseep.

What a dark horse, when it all seemed inevitable that it would have been RedScare or Musicman at one point.

I'll add my voice to the chorus of congratulations for TheNiche. Although we frequently disagree, there is no denying that he is extremely well-informed and experienced in the subjects we often discuss here. He is deeply articulate and has a great sense of when to be concise and when to elaborate on a topic. His contributions demonstrate the kind of worthwhile discourse that shows the highest potential of internet forums.

If I had a thanks button, I'd use it for TheNiche.

But I still disagree with him a lot of the time! :)

I'll add my voice to the chorus of congratulations for TheNiche. Although we frequently disagree, there is no denying that he is extremely well-informed and experienced in the subjects we often discuss here. He is deeply articulate and has a great sense of when to be concise and when to elaborate on a topic. His contributions demonstrate the kind of worthwhile discourse that shows the highest potential of internet forums.

If I had a thanks button, I'd use it for TheNiche.

But I still disagree with him a lot of the time! :)

mozel tov!

Niche if you still need that hair cut, I still have the clippers...if the garage door is open stop on by!

For the most part, I usually enjoy Niche's posts and can also say that hey can debate with a passion and eloquence that some people here (including myself) can certainly learn from.

He's able to attack a position without attacking the person; which is a VERY important trait in a forum such as this.

As a pseudo-lurker, I always enjoy reading his posts. Often, I don't even have to say anything anyway, because he takes care of it! Because I'm somewhat of a sadistic bastard, I often find myself laughing out loud to the cold logic used often in those posts. So yeah, Mazel Tov and all that!

Jeez, I can't even get a good day's rest without a multitude of people speculating as to my whereabouts. I am truly honored.

I don't really know what else to say, except that it was quite a shock to log in and see my name plastered up on the banner. Pretty cool. Thanks for all your supportive (and other) comments.

I really sprinted the last bit of the 10k. Being unemployed, I have some free time and too much ease of access. I have mixed feelings about my accomplishment. On the one hand, I can count myself as a major content provider to Houston's most successful online forum, and it does keep me sharp-witted. On the other...it is sort of creepy, even for me. At least I'm not a compulsive blogger.

I like to think of you as God. Did you see me this morning when I was brushing my teeth?

Oh, and congrats, Niche!!

Sheeats, I am a god. I covered that somewhere in the vicinity of the 8k milepost. I lack Santa Claus powers, so I can't see you when you're sleeping or know when you're awake; I certainly don't know whether you've been bad or good, and I don't care of goodness' sake. Personally, I tend to align myself with Shiva. No worries, though--you're a god too. We're all gods. On that note, Puma probably has the Santa Claus powers down to an art. He knew I was sleeping.

Sheeats, I am a god. I covered that somewhere in the vicinity of the 8k milepost. I lack Santa Claus powers, so I can't see you when you're sleeping or know when you're awake; I certainly don't know whether you've been bad or good, and I don't care of goodness' sake. Personally, I tend to align myself with Shiva. No worries, though--you're a god too. We're all gods. On that note, Puma probably has the Santa Claus powers down to an art. He knew I was sleeping.

Sorry TheNiche, I think SheEats was referring to Editor as God.

Jeez, I can't even get a good day's rest without a multitude of people speculating as to my whereabouts. I am truly honored.

I guess you should Twitter us what you are doing at every waking moment. ;)

Archived