Fence Set-back from Street?

Is there a set-back for a new fence? I'm along Yale and was wanting to put in a new fence along the sidewalk. Nothing taller than 4ft and it won't be an eyesore. I know the other fences that exist next door(s) are right up to the sidewalk but didnt know if there was a regulation in place knowing that they had been "lax" in past years.

Thanks,

D

Are the county records kept online or at a physical address... ?

last time i checked you had to go there (preston at main). perhaps if you are in an area with a civic club, they have the records easily available if you contact them directly.

Is there a set-back for a new fence? I'm along Yale and was wanting to put in a new fence along the sidewalk. Nothing taller than 4ft and it won't be an eyesore. I know the other fences that exist next door(s) are right up to the sidewalk but didnt know if there was a regulation in place knowing that they had been "lax" in past years.

Thanks,

D

No setback requirement. However, if you put it on the city's ROW, it may get torn down when they repave Yale Street. Your survey should be useful in finding the property line. Or measure 35 feet from the center of Yale Street to find the edge of the ROW (have your friend hold the tape in the center of Yale).

Red,

I thought about that as well, it being in the ROW when they do the construction BUT I found something interesting online the other day. You prolly recall everyone going around and around about them widening the street and maybe removing all those trees along Yale. I ran across a map, which I cannot find at this point, but it called for widening for sections before 11th and after 21st but not inbetween... Do you know what I'm talking about?

Red,

I thought about that as well, it being in the ROW when they do the construction BUT I found something interesting online the other day. You prolly recall everyone going around and around about them widening the street and maybe removing all those trees along Yale. I ran across a map, which I cannot find at this point, but it called for widening for sections before 11th and after 21st but not inbetween... Do you know what I'm talking about?

I hadn't heard about a split reconstruction. However, it is still best to stay on your property. It is not a really big deal, though. If your neighbors have fences, just put it even with theirs. Even if a street rebuild requires you to move the fence, they will not come rip it up. More likely, they will move it for you.

Archived