Highway 290-NW Toll Build-Out

I was just looking at the TxDOT 290 plans, and wonder what is going to happen around the Fry Road area (Black Horse) and the new NW Toll Rd. The TxDOT map looks like the new toll road will be right next to BlackHorse (South of the rail line) along Mound Road. Anybody know the real ROW? Won't this just kill Blackhorse and Cypress Creek Ranch?

By the looks of it, it appears it'll be running along Hempstead Hwy. So, it shouldn't run through any of those communities.

The only place where there may be an issue is the homes backing up to Mound Rd, but there are a dozen nice neighborhoods along I-10 that sit closer to the freeway than this. Are there anymore detailed maps available?

us290maplarge.png

Aerial view of Fry Rd @ 290 (Google Maps)

By the looks of it, it appears it'll be running along Hempstead Hwy. So, it shouldn't run through any of those communities.

The only place where there may be an issue is the homes backing up to Mound Rd, but there are a dozen nice neighborhoods along I-10 that sit closer to the freeway than this. Are there anymore detailed maps available?

us290maplarge.png

Aerial view of Fry Rd @ 290 (Google Maps)

Here's a detailed schematic map of the Toll Rd at the Fry Rd. @ 290 Intersection. Looks like the nearest home would be one of the ones that back up to Mound Rd. Those would sit about 1,000 feet away from the tollway:

http://www.my290.com/NR/rdonlyres/9AA46C64...0mlpp01DEIS.pdf

Here's a detailed schematic map of the Toll Rd at the Fry Rd. @ 290 Intersection. Looks like the nearest home would be one of the ones that back up to Mound Rd. Those would sit about 1,000 feet away from the tollway:

http://www.my290.com/NR/rdonlyres/9AA46C64...0mlpp01DEIS.pdf

Yeah, I saw that map. It was a 2007 plan, and wondered if its been updated. 1000 ft is pretty close and wonder how that side of BlackHorse will do with resale with that road noise being 1000-3000 feet away. We are in Longwood now, but need a bigger yard so trying to decide between there and StableGate. (Coles etc dn't have the size yards we want, and Cypress Creek Lakes is a big "?" on the values in there.) Fairfield just too darn far out and I really don't like it too much. I don;t want to build either. Thoughts?

Yeah, I saw that map. It was a 2007 plan, and wondered if its been updated. 1000 ft is pretty close and wonder how that side of BlackHorse will do with resale with that road noise being 1000-3000 feet away. We are in Longwood now, but need a bigger yard so trying to decide between there and StableGate. (Coles etc dn't have the size yards we want, and Cypress Creek Lakes is a big "?" on the values in there.) Fairfield just too darn far out and I really don't like it too much. I don;t want to build either. Thoughts?

Oh.. I am planning on calling them Monday to get an pdate on timing. That was a 2015+ time frame before due to funding, but you wonder now with the stimulus and all.....

I think the effects of the tollway on Blackhorse and CC Ranch are limited as it's just one street that will sit roughly 1,000 feet away from the road. The bulk of those developments continue on for quite away on Fry Rd.

You may want to check out Lakes of Rosehill. It has large lots and is wooded.

There's also a new development going in near Longwood called Kluge Lakes. Custom homes, similar to the new Hidden Falls community developed off Malcolmson, but a larger overall development. It's gated and they're about to begin construction. The lots seem to be pretty good size. It's heavily wooded as well.

I think the effects of the tollway on Blackhorse and CC Ranch are limited as it's just one street that will sit roughly 1,000 feet away from the road. The bulk of those developments continue on for quite away on Fry Rd.

You may want to check out Lakes of Rosehill. It has large lots and is wooded.

There's also a new development going in near Longwood called Kluge Lakes. Custom homes, similar to the new Hidden Falls community developed off Malcolmson, but a larger overall development. It's gated and they're about to begin construction. The lots seem to be pretty good size. It's heavily wooded as well.

But appreciate the ideas... we had similar. More thinking what are your thoughts of Blackhorse versus Stablegate... CCR has one house of interest, but its right on that North Wall, and I think that would be too close. I figure this would be like us in Longwood looking forward to a major Toll Road being put in along Spring-Cypress... would it affect our community..... I think it would change it for sure, just not sure if for better or worse.

The 2007 schematics are still valid.

Since the TxDOT slowdown, work on the 290 project has slowed to a crawl, so any of the dates that you see out there are no longer valid.

We are in Longwood now, but need a bigger yard so trying to decide between there and StableGate. (Coles etc dn't have the size yards we want, and Cypress Creek Lakes is a big "?" on the values in there.) Fairfield just too darn far out and I really don't like it too much. I don;t want to build either. Thoughts?

I'm looking for a home in that area with a smaller yard. When are you looking to sell? PM with info on your house, if you like!

I have friends in Blackhorse and they don't like it as much as they thought they would. They personally don't get a strong sense of community. Now if you do not have kids, that may not matter much. Stable Gate doesn't appear to be kept up as well as expected. Have you tried Lakes of Fairhaven? They have HUGE lots. Also, you mentioned that you don't like Fairfield, but it is only 1 exit past Blackhorse. We love it here!!

• 3 weeks later...
Stable Gate doesn't appear to be kept up as well as expected.

We moved to Stable Gate in November and LOVE IT! Friendly neighbors, kids out on their bikes, tons of folks walking their dogs [we're begun setting up play-dates for the dogs there's so many!].

Only draw back is sitting at the light at Spring Cypress if I don't time my departure from work correctly.

• The title was changed to Highway 290-NW Toll Build-Out

Archived