What Do People Really Want In Real Estate Agent

jscarbor

Some things I am kicking around:

Reduced fee listings to go along with full service listings.

Special buyer incentives in lieu of full listing fee.

Weekly activity report on your listing emailed.

Weekly distribution of property flyers.

Access to many subcontractors and an idea of what things should cost.

1 hour consult with interior designer if requested.

1 Hour consultation of materials prices.

Pay for closing cost of buyer if representing buyer.

More incentives if using said company to buy one of my homes.

You get the idea. Is this what people want? Is it different?

You know, everything you listed above my agents already do for me.

They also pay for one year with a home maintenance company.

They also give me a daily, not weekly activity report.

Plus, virtual tours on HAR and on their websites.

Unbiased neighborhood information with experience to back them up.

I think I'd rather keep them in business, just because of what I get out of it. And I really don't care what they look like or do in their personal time, because I'd be insulted if they didn't take me on as a client because of what I look like or what I do in my personal time. Where does it stop? I'm always happy with the value I get for my money and that's all that matters to me. That being said, good luck in your venture, but you may be trying to wear too many hats, and then your main business might suffer because of it. Be careful! :)

You know, everything you listed above my agents already do for me.

They also pay for one year with a home maintenance company.

They also give me a daily, not weekly activity report.

Plus, virtual tours on HAR and on their websites.

Unbiased neighborhood information with experience to back them up.

I think I'd rather keep them in business, just because of what I get out of it. And I really don't care what they look like or do in their personal time, because I'd be insulted if they didn't take me on as a client because of what I look like or what I do in my personal time. Where does it stop? I'm always happy with the value I get for my money and that's all that matters to me. That being said, good luck in your venture, but you may be trying to wear too many hats, and then your main business might suffer because of it. Be careful! :)

Who are they may I ask? sounds like someone I should know.

Value is certainly what I am looking to give. and don't worry I wont be wearing to many hats, in fact I will wear less hats than what a normal realtor that is really good would wear. for one, I wont be selling.

I think this sometomes lively discussion has gottena little off track, discussing my business, contracts, and attire, when what I wanted to focus on is what the public really wants. Is there anything else you guys/gals can think of that Realtors can do better?

I'd like to extend my apologies to jscarbor for having any part of derailing his thread! Thanks again Subdude. :)

I think whatever you choose, as long as you're giving exceptional service and your interests are balanced, you may do very well on your own. You never know!! Good luck!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

If I were you I would just stick to using a professional. Yes an agent. And how on earth is he making as much money as you? This For Sale by Owner is crap. Unless you're on a heavely traveled road 96 percent of the FSBOs end up using an agent in the end. It might look like your agent isn't doing much but believe me he is.