Lindale Park Home

jkl828

My friend and I, just bought our first investment property in a great neighborhood called Lindale Park. We posted an ad on backpage.com, and craigslist.com and have only received a few inquires on it. Does anyone have any advise where we should advertise this house. Our goal is to rent it out for a few years and see where it takes us.

My friend and I,  just bought our first investment property in a great neighborhood called Lindale Park.  We posted an ad on backpage.com, and craigslist.com and have only received a few inquires on it.  Does anyone have any advise where we should advertise this house. Our goal is to rent it out for a few years and see where it takes us.

Now why on earth would I want to drop $1,100 in rent on your house over in the ghetto in Lindale Park when I can spend that and rent in Montrose, the Heights, or Garden Oaks, or Timbergrove....all much nicer areas? I mean sure, Lindale Park has its splotches of niceness, but its not all that and bag of 'tater chips.

Try paying for some ads like in the Greensheet or MLS.

While jm1fd's wording was a bit harsh, LOL, his message is accurate. The rental market is really saturated right now, and you are definitely going to have a harder time renting out a house in Lindale Park if you are asking the same price as property in less transitional areas. Your house will have to be nicer than those in Montrose, etc., to compete at the same price point.

Putting the house on MLS is a good idea...also the Houston Press.

Thanks for the advise

While jm1fd's wording was a bit harsh, LOL, his message is accurate.  The rental market is really saturated right now, and you are definitely going to have a harder time renting out a house in Lindale Park if you are asking the same price as property in less transitional areas.  Your house will have to be nicer than those in Montrose, etc., to compete at the same price point.

Putting the house on MLS is a good idea...also the Houston Press.

Sign in the front yard and a reasonable price (not $1100) does the trick. I put a sign up at my LP house and had 4 drive-by inquiries by noon, leased it to one of those guys the next day. No problems at all.

Even without light rail in a few years, you can't go wrong in Lindale Park. Just have to realize that your investment return will come from appreciation, not cash flow...same as a SFH in just about ANY neighborhood nowadays.