looking for nuts still in shell

trymahjong

i am the proud handmaiden of 2 rescued african gray parrots from the National parrot rescue foundation--

i've been trying to locate nuts still in the shell that have no salt or pesticide--not peanuts but hard shelled nuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans--i don't want to go online to buy a kazillion pounds of each--any advice on where to buy them in smaller packages?

i've been trying to locate nuts still in the shell that have no salt or pesticide--not peanuts but hard shelled nuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans--i don't want to go online to buy a kazillion pounds of each--any advice on where to buy them in smaller packages?

grocery stores have em where you just buy em by the lb.

grocery stores have em where you just buy em by the lb.

Those are usually salted, and the grocery store doesn't know if they were treated with pesticide or not. She specifically said she needs nuts without pesticide. Health food stores would know that sort of thing.

Those are usually salted, and the grocery store doesn't know if they were treated with pesticide or not. She specifically said she needs nuts without pesticide. Health food stores would know that sort of thing.

the ones i'm talking are just bulk.

Try Fredlyn Nut Company on Westpark. It's a local business with quality products and customer service. They might be able to help you out.

http://www.fredlyn.com

Thanks for the information-- it's funny i never realized that it was hard to find nuts in the shell until i really started looking-- seems like xmas time they're everywhere--as a kid exotic nuts in the shell and small oranges were the expected treat in stockings

Archived