Closed By Hurricane Ike

IronTiger

• 3 weeks later...

I'm kinda gravedigging this thread, but I heard yesterday that Tookie's in Seabrook has a new owner who bought the name, building, and recipes and plans to reopen in early July.

Marmer, according to the Bay Area Citizen newspaper, you are corrrect. The article (in the May 5th edition) states the restaurant is supposed to reopen on July 4th, the 36th anniversary of its original opening. I drove by yesterday and there is definitely activity going on inside the building. Yea! Long live the Squeeler!

• 6 months later...

Disastr & marmar, I stopped by Tookies after a PGR mission Saturday. Started off with the Bombshell, then straight for Mama Ethyl's onion rings and a Tookies Cheeseburger. Had to pump another 10#'s of air into the rear air shock on my scooter before heading on back to Misery City.

• 4 weeks later...

Back in the mid 70's when Tookies openned, it was called S.W. Tookies. Don't know what the initials stood for but they were dropped years later. Us who worked at the Seabrook Shipyard back in those days ate there at least once a week.

Another weird thing back then was the Dairy Queen, just south of Tookies, was called Brazier Foods, but still had a DQ marquee and DQ branded menu items.

Back in the mid 70's when Tookies openned, it was called S.W. Tookies. Don't know what the initials stood for but they were dropped years later. Us who worked at the Seabrook Shipyard back in those days ate there at least once a week.

Another weird thing back then was the Dairy Queen, just south of Tookies, was called Brazier Foods, but still had a DQ marquee and DQ branded menu items.

Yeah, apparently it's a "type" of Dairy Queen (like the DQ Grill & Chill, which I have seen a few of): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dairy_Queen#Dairy_Queen_Brazier

• The title was changed to Closed By Hurricane Ike

Archived