"Watch" me flip another house!

Recessed into what? The one in this house is recessed into the cabinet around it. The back edge of the doors sit flush with the front of the cabinet. What have you seen them recessed into in the past?

flipper

recessed into the wall so that they don't stick in front of the counter.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like it!

J/K, just thought I'd beat The Niche to he punch, he being the arbiter of style and good taste here on HAIF .

I, for one, think it looks great. Love the subway tile in the shower and glass tile back splash.

I guess I ought to take that as a compliment.

For the record, I like the work that was done. My only gripes are a matter of personal taste. For instance, I would've liked to have seen a couple shades lighter of wood floors to help contrast against the dark-colored cabinets. I also would've liked to see a little splash of color somewhere in the bathroom. An accent wall or some texturing on the barren wall could've helped. But I'm sure that that's all a matter of personal taste as far as the clients are concerned.

You can always count on me to harp on how nice that glass tile looks on your backsplashes. Your tile work, generally, is always awesome. In fact, I just bought tile earlier today having looked through photos you've posted of your previous flips for design inspiration. I'm going to try for a shower like you had at the house on Burkett Street, but using two adjacent and offset foot-long glass bars along every other vertical line of tile. I wish I could afford to do the whole shower in the bar-shaped glass tiles laid vertically, mimicking the inlay pattern of wood floors.

Archived