1st Of All!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I especially like the rules page where it says any hostile remarks will lead to you being warned or banned...then his first post is all "I HATE HOUSTON" and hes going to list all of his "frustrations" which im sure will be non-hostile... :lol:

Dude, I'm offended. Hellraiser snaped his fingers at me, yo! Did you see that  <_< ?! And how can you try to lure me to join a forum where you're the administrator? Thanx for the invite, but I think it's more fun to laugh at you here where the whole city can read it.  :lol:

Also, MAD respect to the Editor, BayouCityGirl, 27, Pineda, kzseattle, and EVERYONE that uses HoustonArchietchure.com for all your great ideas about how our great (Yes Hellraiser, GREAT) city can improve. It really is very moralizing when you know that you're not alone when you think something around town could be better. And it's a much better feeling when you see Houstonians like you wanting to do something about it instead of complain about it and run away to Montana like some people.

To be honest, I'd be REALLY upset that someone bulldozed a tree into my car and didn't take responsibilty like I thought they were supposed to. That is, until I realized that I parked the car in front of a tree about to be bulldozed without expecting the tree to land on it :P

I kid, I kid  :rolleyes: . I don't have have a problem with you hating Houston life. But if you ever try to diss Houston again, try to make more sense, yo. There's no place like da Lone Star State! RECOGNIZE!!!!!

That was fun! It's always a good feeling when you get the chance to defend your hometown. Sorry to anyone that had their feelings hurt on this thread. And I hope everyone gained at least a sense of pride toward a hometown that we don't normally have a chance to defend like that. I wish you all nothing but the best, and I hope our home, Houston, keeps striving for nothing but the best as it always has. And to Hellraiser; sorry about your car.

• 1 month later...

I have lived in San Francisco. I have visited all major metro areas. I still love my Houston - warts and all. You think it is better and the grass is greener in other cities, well, go on, move. Make yourself happy. But think about this: when you move out of Houston, probably 10 people move in. There are many big cities in America. There are a few great ones. Houston is one of the great ones. There is so much to do and with the cost of living very reasonable, I can't think of one reason why I would leave. Of course, I hate cold weather, so that leaves out the north.

Let us know where you end up Hellraiser... you'll be interesting to follow.

I support you experiencing new places and taking in new things. It is a great exercise to experience the world - or even just the USA.

I will only add that if you are going to run from the issues here, I think you will find many of the same issues around the good old USA. We may think we sprawl and that traffic is bad... blah, blah, blah... and that Seattle (for example) has cooler mixed-use projects and they know good coffee and they have better bands, etc, etc... but I think you will find most of the same issues impact that town too - the trees are being removed to make way for rooftops and shopping centers... and the houses climb up the sides of the mountains and the traffic is horrendous - and its all the fault of the new people (they blame the Californians, for example). Vastly different environment - but many of the same issues. Be forewarned.

Enjoy your new experiences and hopefully you will find a place - whether it be urban or not - that speaks to you. Good luck - and happy trails!

Archived