Houston Should Have A Metreon

I've been reading the Galleria posts and wondered, what's everyone's deal with the Virgin Megastores? I went to the one in San Francisco and was very underwhelmed by it. It's basically a multi-level FYE. No big deal.

However, if Houston had a Sony METREON like in San Francisco, now that would be awesome!!! That place was truly unique and I went there multiple times everyday that I was there.

It has a theater (with IMAX and regular screens), a Playstation store, a Sony Style store, an arcade, several other stores, a video game "hall-of-fame", a high-end restaurant, a food court, a Jillians, several other attractions, and outdoor seating areas that fronted Yerba Buena Gardens. It was teeming with people everyday.

Maybe something like that can be built near the mega park planned at the George R. Brown. Or it could take up some of the parking lots near Toyota Center.

I would definitely attract a much younger crowd to downtown to the stores, the arcade, the theater, and just to the coolness of the building.

Check it out! http://www.metreon.com/

i've been to a similar place in berlin, the sony centre, very cool place with lots to do.

some more pictures of it: sony centre pics

it would be great to get something similar downtown here.

Yo, is this a chain, or individual projects by Sony?

This in Houston would be HOT!! Especially Downtown or Midtown, yo!