CNN v. FNC v. MSNBC: Lefty/Righty

IronTiger

CNN is easily the most balanced out of the cable networks. MSNBC is to the left, Fox is to the right. It's simple.

Hmmm...that's a barefaced lie. CNN is definitely leaning on the left. Now, if you watch CNN...that's okay...but if you call it the "most balanced out of the cable networks"...then you've either got to readjust your "balanced" meter, or...you're a complete idiot!

(back on topic)

Obama lends money to the wrong people.

Hmmm...that's a barefaced lie. CNN is definitely leaning on the left. Now, if you watch CNN...that's okay...but if you call it the "most balanced out of the cable networks"...then you've either got to readjust your "balanced" meter, or...you're a complete idiot!

(back on topic)

Yes, CNN leans left, but it's more centered than MSNBC (far left) and Fox News (far right).

(back on topic)

Yes, CNN leans left, but it's more centered than MSNBC (far left) and Fox News (far right).

What he said.

Not by much, though. Here's the way I see it...(ABC not included)

|-------2----------3------------------------------|-----------------------------------1------------|

The left bar is far left, far right, and center.

1...Fox News

2...(MS)NBC

3...CNN

Where would ABC lie, then?

|-------2----------3------------------------------|-----------------------------------1------------|

1...Fox News

2...(MS)NBC

3...CNN

My very unscientific rating would look something like this:

|------------2--------------------------------3---|----------------------------------------------1-|

Remember that MSNBC does have at least one conservative, Joe Scarborough, with a prominent show. So I wouldn't consider them as far left as Fox News is far right. The Fox News lineup is filled completely by conservatives.

1...Fox News

2...(MS)NBC

3...CNN

Not bad... I would move CNN just a bit more towards the center, and Fox News a bit further right.

|-----2---------------3--------------------|-------------------------------------1---|

Fox News has become even more conservative over the past few months... instead of replacing Colmes on Hannity & Colmes with another Liberal, they give Hannity his own show. Add to that Glenn Beck's new show (the sky is falling, the sky is falling!) and the fact that Greta Van Susteren, who was supposed to be one of their "liberal" voices, has devoted the past few months to being a cheerleader for Sarah Palin (b/c Greta's husb and is an advisor to Palin). The point, however, is that CNN is the most "fair and balanced" of the 3 cable news networks.

Fox News has become even more conservative over the past few months... instead of replacing Colmes on Hannity & Colmes with another Liberal, they give Hannity his own show. Add to that Glenn Beck's new show (the sky is falling, the sky is falling!) and the fact that Greta Van Susteren, who was supposed to be one of their "liberal" voices, has devoted the past few months to being a cheerleader for Sarah Palin (b/c Greta's husb and is an advisor to Palin). The point, however, is that CNN is the most "fair and balanced" of the 3 cable news networks.

Speaking of Glenn "the sky is falling" Beck, I thought this was pretty funny:

And here's a sampling of Glenn's "sappy, manipulative drivel" (to quote Lisa Simpson):

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Speaking of Glenn "the sky is falling" Beck, I thought this was pretty funny:

And here's a sampling of Glenn's "sappy, manipulative drivel" (to quote Lisa Simpson):

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Ha ha ha... I love Shepard Smith! :lol:

Hmmm...that's a barefaced lie. CNN is definitely leaning on the left.

A lie? How can an opinion be a lie?

If you've got objective evidence that CNN is leaning left, please provide it. I hear this claim a lot, but it always seems to be the opinion of people who identify with the right.

Meme: I don't think I've ever seen CNN where the focus wasn't on global warming or the war in Iraq or celebrities. Of course, that was pre-Obama, so it might have changed since then, but I highly doubt it.

What I want to say is, calling CNN "fair and balanced" is kind of like calling McDonald's one of the healthiest choices in fast food. Yes, it could work in some comparisons, but...

Meme: I don't think I've ever seen CNN where the focus wasn't on global warming or the war in Iraq or celebrities.

I have, and I've also seen Fox report on those same issues. Fox also has more editorial commentary, and that's mostly from a rightist perspective. (BTW, that's measurable. You can count and compare the hours devoted to news and editorials, and you can dissect the content of the editorials to see which way they lean.)

Of course, that was pre-Obama, so it might have changed since then, but I highly doubt it.

What I want to say is, calling CNN "fair and balanced" is kind of like calling McDonald's one of the healthiest choices in fast food. Yes, it could work in some comparisons, but...

I understand what you're saying, I just don't see why you're saying it. I haven't seen a leftist bias on CNN.

IronTiger...

I used to be a FoxNews Homer.. but their constant slant got annoying. When you're only ever hearing what you want to hear, you should stop and consider the fact that they may be pretty biased.

Yes.. Cnn still leans left... There is no channel thats right dab in the middle... but Cnn is in my opinion the most fair and the most balanced of the 3 cable news networks...... meaning the closest to the middle of your spectrum.. meaning I find them to be less Left biased then i find Fox to be Right based........ and that is coming from a moderate conservative that a few years ago would never have had on any news channel other than Fox News...

Try the other networks.. expand your horizons.. then if you still feel FoxNews is the best choice, at least you'll have done your homework.

Fox is only "fair and balanced" because they learn far right enough to balance out everyone else combined. :P

To an extent, what they say is true though: "we report; you decide". You hafta look at all the sources and determine the balance itself.

The problem I have with Fox News is that they are such hypocrits. They complain about bias in the media when they themselves are totally bias towards conservatives.... they complain about the "mainstream media" when they are apart of it... they complain about liberal Hollywood, liberal universites, liberal judges, the liberal Northeast... but never complain about the conservative Midwest, conservative churches, conservative [insert something boring here], etc.. When Bush was in office many on Fox News said it was unAmerican to attack our President, especially in a time of war.... now that Obama is in office that's all they do is attack our President.

Oh, and I loved after the Oscars when white supremacist Sean Hannity complained that showing 2 short clips of gay guys kissing was damaging our youth by showing too much "sex", but he had no problem with all of the straight couples kissing. :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szNf1Icox6g :rolleyes:

Fox is only "fair and balanced" because they learn far right enough to balance out everyone else combined. :P

To an extent, what they say is true though: "we report; you decide". You hafta look at all the sources and determine the balance itself.

Ummm... no, they say they are fair and balanced meaning they give equal time and equal views from both the left and the right... anyone who believes that is, well, a moron.

The problem I have with Fox News is that they are such hypocrits. They complain about bias in the media when they themselves are totally bias towards conservatives.... they complain about the "mainstream media" when they are apart of it... they complain about liberal Hollywood, liberal universites, liberal judges, the liberal Northeast... but never complain about the conservative Midwest, conservative churches, conservative [insert something boring here], etc.. When Bush was in office many on Fox News said it was unAmerican to attack our President, especially in a time of war.... now that Obama is in office that's all they do is attack our President.

Oh, and I loved after the Oscars when white supremacist Sean Hannity complained that showing 2 short clips of gay guys kissing was damaging our youth by showing too much "sex", but he had no problem with all of the straight couples kissing. :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szNf1Icox6g :rolleyes:

Ummm... no, they say they are fair and balanced meaning they give equal time and equal views from both the left and the right... anyone who believes that is, well, a moron.

It was a joke, mongo....sheesh

Archived