Watersheds In The Physical And Cultural Evolution Of Houston

Reefmonkey

ReefMonkey (and others):

I couldn't agree more. If you check an unnamed poster's posting history, I think you'll see a pattern. I'll admit I have little tolerance for those

who can't stifle verbosity and effectively ignore others' valid points (or invalid points, for that matter), except to counterattack...quoting out of

context, burying those who would disagree under a blizzard of extraneous "info", and counting on sheer spare time and stamina to outlast

many who disagree. Hey, though bizzarre to me, it must be satisfying for this unnamed poster. Given the sheer volume of paragraphs posted, it must fill a need. I'll add: It is, I suppose, this poster's right to use this site in the way most helpful to himself.

Here's my mea culpa: I decided to blast/bait this poster because of some condescending remarks the poster directed at me and others on other threads. To all here but this unnamed poster, I do apologize. It is tedious to read; I know, because over the past year or so, I've read many such "debates" involving others and this poster that have degenerated to this level. No need to believe me - check the record ("other posts by..."). I'm just among the latest to "bite". Sorry about the vitriol. This site is too good for such diversions; I'm here (mostly lurking) to learn, share, and occasionally offer some minimal wisdom owing to my many Houston addresses and long history in the field. Again, my mistake. In the interest of harmony, I hope to....just back away slowly from said poster and behave.

Finally, I want emphasize that any speculation above simply represents my (only my) opinion.

Heights2Bastrop-

I couldn't agree more...but unnamed poster threw you a bone, later. Grab it! ;) (If you want)

TheNiche:

Thanks for quoting me.

Edited by InTheLoop

ReefMonkey (and others):

I couldn't agree more. If you check an unnamed poster's posting history, I think you'll see a pattern. I'll admit I have little tolerance for those

who can't stifle verbosity and effectively ignore others' valid points (or invalid points, for that matter), except to counterattack...quoting out of

context, burying those who would disagree under a blizzard of extraneous "info", and counting on sheer spare time and stamina to outlast

many who disagree. Hey, though bizzarre to me, it must be satisfying for this unnamed poster. Given the sheer volume of paragraphs posted, it must fill a need. I'll add: It is, I suppose, this poster's right to use this site in the way most helpful to himself.

Here's my mea culpa: I decided to blast/bait this poster because of some condescending remarks the poster directed at me and others on other threads. To all here but this unnamed poster, I do apologize. It is tedious to read; I know, because over the past year or so, I've read many such "debates" involving others and this poster that have degenerated to this level. No need to believe me - check the record ("other posts by..."). I'm just among the latest to "bite". Sorry about the vitriol. This site is too good for such diversions; I'm here (mostly lurking) to learn, share, and occasionally offer some minimal wisdom owing to my many Houston addresses and long history in the field. Again, my mistake. In the interest of harmony, I hope to....just back away slowly from said poster and behave.

Finally, I want emphasize that any speculation above simply represents my (only my) opinion.

Heights2Bastrop-

I couldn't agree more...but unnamed poster threw you a bone, later. Grab it! ;) (If you want)

TheNiche:

Thanks for quoting me.

You keep on citing wrongdoings on my part (which from my perspective better describe your own style of prose), but you haven't substantiated accusations with examples (as I'd requested), then you openly admit that you were flame-baiting me, and all the while you waste HAIFers' time with paragraph upon paragraph of interpersonal rant. You've clearly violated the HAIF guidelines. This thread has been reported.

If at any time you feel that I have violated the guidelines or the terms of service, feel free to call me out. If I don't issue an immediate retraction, report me. That's how responsible adults behave as guests on a third party's website.

• The title was changed to Watersheds In The Physical And Cultural Evolution Of Houston