NASA Rd 1 Bridge Down; Bay Area Blvd. Next?

I hope no one here was caught in the traffic jam last Saturday, as TXDOT demolished the double bridges of NASA Rd. 1 which straddled over the freeway with a clover leaf entrance design that better suited the sparse rural traffic of decades gone-by. TXDOT will now complete the Gulf Freeway overpass lanes, giving it a traditional urban treatment for such an interesection.

Since Bay Area Blvd. bridge also has the antiquated clover leaf design, I was wondering if anyone knows if it will be the next to be reconfigured.

I hope no one here was caught in the traffic jam last Saturday, as TXDOT demolished the double bridges of NASA Rd. 1 which straddled over the freeway with a clover leaf entrance design that better suited the sparse rural traffic of decades gone-by. TXDOT will now complete the Gulf Freeway overpass lanes, giving it a traditional urban treatment for such an interesection.

Since Bay Area Blvd. bridge also has the antiquated clover leaf design, I was wondering if anyone knows if it will be the next to be reconfigured.

Eventually the Bay Area Blvd. bridge will be demolished and the interchange will be replaced with a modern design. I-45 from FM 1959 to Galveston is slated to be widened from 6 to 8 lanes in the future, possibly with HOV lanes. The new causeway in Galveston and the new bridge over Nasa Rd. 1 are wide enough to accomodate the future 8 lanes.

Eventually the Bay Area Blvd. bridge will be demolished and the interchange will be replaced with a modern design. I-45 from FM 1959 to Galveston is slated to be widened from 6 to 8 lanes in the future, possibly with HOV lanes. The new causeway in Galveston and the new bridge over Nasa Rd. 1 are wide enough to accomodate the future 8 lanes.

I think it will be 10 lanes in some parts.

I think it will be 10 lanes in some parts.

You're right. Texasfreeway.com shows that it'll be 10 lanes plus 2 HOV lanes from FM 1959 to FM 518, and 8 lanes from FM 518 to Galveston.

Edited by JLWM8609

Bay Area Blvd. (Friendswood Link Rd) is not an original (or "antiquated" as you labeled it) cloverleaf design. The two leafs were added later as congestion increased on both sides of the freeway, making it only a half clover leaf.