Foundation Contractors

Who are the two foundation guys that always get good recommendations on this Web site? Pfister might be one of them. I thought there was an earlier discussion about this, but I've looked back to September and do not find it.

Anyone able to offer info on the cost involved in getting leaning piers repaired and the house leveled?

Who are the two foundation guys that always get good recommendations on this Web site? Pfister might be one of them. I thought there was an earlier discussion about this, but I've looked back to September and do not find it.

Anyone able to offer info on the cost involved in getting leaning piers repaired and the house leveled?

I personally had a good experience with All Texas Foundation Repair (Bill Marks). There was a thread on this several weeks ago as well. I had one leaning pier and 5-6 that just needed to be shimmed up. I would not recommend Hy-Tech however. While they did a thorough job of determining the change in elevation through my house, they would not just quote me on the handful of piers that I wanted to get fixed. For example All Texas charged my $450, while Hy-Tech's bid was $5,800. Granted Hy-Tech's bid included installing termite shields (which I already had on most of the piers), adding new blocks "as needed", along with the work that I called them to do. And they refused to just bid on the work I needed done.

From what I recall from the earlier thread, was that Bill Marks has owned this business for 20-30 years or so, same number, same address, etc. (713.529.7901).

Best of luck.

I'll give my positive feedback to Bill Marks at All Texas Foundation Repair because he wouldn't take my money. After coming out to my house and taking all of the measurements, he explained to my wife that the variations we were seeing just weren't worth the expense and possible cracking of walls to fix.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to give Bill Marks a good review too, and I would recommend him to others. All-Texas added a few support piers to my house a few weeks ago for a fair price. There was definitely some lag time from when Bill Marks initially came to my house to bid the job and when the work was actually performed, but when his crew finally came out to my house they knocked out the entire job in 30 minutes.

Before hiring All-Texas I called Pfister 3 or 4 times over a 3 week period, leaving him several voice messages. I never received a return call.

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Foundation Contractors

Archived