Old Apartments - East End

Link: http://www.loopnet.com/property/16020546/1...Lawndale-Plaza/

I grew up looking at this one, close to Forest Hill. It's for sale, now. Reminds me of the ones by the VA Hospital (apts. recently torn down), and Wilshire, as well, although not as fancy. Others I remember were the Patricia Manor (Cedar shake -style, by Southmayd - Ingrando Park), the ones by Gulfgate, in the old trees, behind Wendy's, and all the ones on Park Place, close to Broadway. Which ones do you remember?

Just looked up the Lawndale Plaza apts. in HCAD, built in 1945.

• 2 weeks later...
Link: http://www.loopnet.com/property/16020546/1...Lawndale-Plaza/

I grew up looking at this one, close to Forest Hill. It's for sale, now. Reminds me of the ones by the VA Hospital (apts. recently torn down), and Wilshire, as well, although not as fancy. Others I remember were the Patricia Manor (Cedar shake -style, by Southmayd - Ingrando Park), the ones by Gulfgate, in the old trees, behind Wendy's, and all the ones on Park Place, close to Broadway. Which ones do you remember?

Just looked up the Lawndale Plaza apts. in HCAD, built in 1945.

Hopefully someone reputable and professional will pick it up and revitalize the whole complex. It's a great location. Close to shopping, DT, 45, Wortham Golf Course, and Mason Park.

Hopefully someone reputable and professional will pick it up and revitalize the whole complex. It's a great location. Close to shopping, DT, 45, Wortham Golf Course, and Mason Park.

Correct-a-mundo!

and lest we forget that this "Near East End" area is loaded with numerous split 2 seperate living quarters/duplex's. Or rather if you know how to behave you can live right next door to another single or couple in same home.

Some along Lawndale still cater to 4 seperate living quarters with a nice little old lady as a landlord ala The Roper's in 3's Company.

You could be singing "Come and knock on my door" with Chrissie/Jack, etc. :lol:

*THIS AREA IS IDEAL FOR U OF H STUDENT'S & FACULTY*

Archived