Tremont Builders

Hello all --

My best friends are seriously considering buying a town home off 24th street that is built by Tremont buiders. I was there today to give them a third opinion and asked the sales girl what their connection was with Tremont Tower, she said that they owned the land but had nothing to do with the construction. I was just wondeirng if anyone had any expeirence with them as far as builders go. Makes me kind of nervous. Thanks for your help all knowing haifers!

I searched information for Tremont builders but came back with mostly info pertaining to Tremont Tower. I was hoping someone could shed some light on their reputation these days, or if anyone owns one of these townhomes already. They are located at 24th and Beall. One of the most unique floor plans I have ever seen in a townhome.

• 3 weeks later...

my folks had their home built by stature construction, which is (or was) part of tremont homes.

the home, built around 1995 has held up, but the outside brick was replaced, three times. the first two batches were rejected on site by the owner, and the third started cracking after about 5 years of freeze/thaw cycles here in houston. keep in mind that it took threat of legal action to get the brick replaced. when the brick was removed, it was discovered that the fireplace was not constructed completely with CMUs but with an unstable jumble of CMUs, disgarded brick, broken concrete and poorly placed mortar. that the fireplace was still standing considering that its base was also constructed this way was pure chance.

on the third attempt to replace the brick, the contractor killed most surrounding plants and turf in the installation. while this would be expected, dropping live sod on top of dead grass (rather than removal and replacement) was inexcusable. as you might have expected, no attempt was made to locate irrigation heads and install higher risers. some heads were completely buried in the process. others would not have enough clearance to irrigate from head to head. also, the raised turf surpassed concrete walks and drives in elevation, causing new low spots where water now collects.

i would hold any house they did to heavy scrutiny before purchasing.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/140/RipOff0140110.htm

• 4 weeks later...
I searched information for Tremont builders but came back with mostly info pertaining to Tremont Tower. I was hoping someone could shed some light on their reputation these days, or if anyone owns one of these townhomes already. They are located at 24th and Beall. One of the most unique floor plans I have ever seen in a townhome.

Looks like they got Urban Living to represent them:

http://www.urbanliving.com/developments_de...development=344

Just curious, what makes the floor plan unique to you (not questioning you, just wanted to know your opinion)? Is it the 2 story living room with the overlooking loft?

Archived