Hidalgo Street To Become Two-Way

travelguy_73

Sorry if this has already been posted, but we (people working in Williams Tower) received word a few weeks ago that Hidalgo Street from Post Oak to Mccue (two blocks) is to become two-way in mid-February. This morning there were signs in the lobby with a February 23 date. For people who work in Williams and Lakes on Post Oak, this will provide another much-needed option to Post Oak and 610.

I'm not sure why they don't just make the entire stretch two-way, as it would be another alternative from Sage to Post Oak, but I'm sure the city has its reasons. I have no idea how they are going to sign the street, and I haven't seen any signal light changes, but I guess those will come pretty quickly now. There is also the issue of how the Hidalgo exit and southbound 610 feeder road come together at Hidalgo/Post Oak, as it is already a horribly-planned intersection.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but we (people working in Williams Tower) received word a few weeks ago that Hidalgo Street from Post Oak to Mccue (two blocks) is to become two-way in mid-February. This morning there were signs in the lobby with a February 23 date. For people who work in Williams and Lakes on Post Oak, this will provide another much-needed option to Post Oak and 610.

I'm not sure why they don't just make the entire stretch two-way, as it would be another alternative from Sage to Post Oak, but I'm sure the city has its reasons. I have no idea how they are going to sign the street, and I haven't seen any signal light changes, but I guess those will come pretty quickly now. There is also the issue of how the Hidalgo exit and southbound 610 feeder road come together at Hidalgo/Post Oak, as it is already a horribly-planned intersection.

All the signs I have seen say February 16th.

The presentation signs in Williams have a little white piece of paper over the original date, with 23rd on it, so I guess the date slipped a bit. But whatever, since it will happen this month regardless.

Gosh, I guess the news hadn't gotten over to the other side of the Galleria yet, at least as of this morning. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

14ipxte.jpg

• The title was changed to Hidalgo Street To Become Two-Way

Archived