Lake Alaska In Angleton

WAZ

One of my dad's cousins had a cabin there. They hosted a family function once, around 1962 or '63 in the middle of the summer. I remember it as being stifiling hot, and the mosquito's were brutal. Of course, we were beach people and therefore predjudiced. Catching catfish and perch is just not the same as catching trout and flounder.

I did a search on Google Maps for "Lake Alaska, Texas" and it popped up as a horsehoe lake (vestigial from one of Oyster Creek's old bends), off of Hwy. 521 NW of Angleton, and still has streets and homes around it. Love the name of one street... "Primrose Path"! :)

• 7 months later...

LAKE ALASKA..........BACK IN THE LATE 50'S EARLY 60'S MOST OF IT WAS LOTS THAT YOU COULD BUY....WHEN WE USE TO GO THERE WERE VERY FEW HOUSES/CABINS ETC. MY DAD, UNCLE AND I USE TO SLEEP IN COTS WITH NETTING....VERY VERY HOT AND A FEW SNAKES...........WE USUALLY SWAM IN THE POOLS WHEN THEY HAD WATER IN THEM......WHICH WAS NOT VERY OFTEN...........YOU CAN PROBABLY PURCHASE OUR LOTS FOR BACK TAXES LOL

• The title was changed to Lake Alaska In Angleton

Archived