Guerrilla Sidewalk Project

If a city inspector were driving by, I'd say it's a 50/50 they might notice you.

And if they do... is it a stern warning or a ride in the back of a po po's car? :o

I live across from 2950 Austin so I could hook up a hose for that location if needed. I don't know anything about building sidewalks though.

Careful, there is some in Midtown that is intentional and authorized.

True. I'm speaking specifically of tagging. For instance, on the back of the daycare, fortune cookie factory, residential fences, etc.

Tagging is an eye sore and brings down the value of the community. I really don't think someone spray painting their "street" name on my fence is art or authorized. However, I am sure it is intentional.

Its a shame we would have to resort to guerilla tactics to get a completed sidewalk inside the loop. What has been the city's response to requests to finish the sidewalks at these locations?

If nobody has, somebody should call 311 and report the missing sections first. With all the things on the city's plate, its possible they're not even aware of some things like this. If there's no action in a month or so, put on your best balaclava and git-er-done.

If nobody has, somebody should call 311 and report the missing sections first. With all the things on the city's plate, its possible they're not even aware of some things like this. If there's no action in a month or so, put on your best balaclava and git-er-done.

When it comes to sidewalks the city places the responsibility on the property owner. My guess is that if the property owner may be up for the idea.

This is a bit unrelated, but is there a place to track the city's planned improvements (streets, sidewalks, other)? A block away they were suddenly digging up the street (appears to be underground utilities) - which is recently somewhat common around here. That block is getting new pavement and curbs....which I wouldn't mind, either. I previously emailed the "mayor" (sure) to gripe about road conditions around my house and was led to believe that there would be a re-surfacing in 2008, which apparently didn't happen. It almost seems to be a hodgepodge in terms of who gets new pavement/sidewalks

I guess it's somewhat related in that it would suck to do a "guerilla sidewalk" job in an area slated for new sidewalks anyway. I did find the capital improvement plan online, but the range of years and various codes made it hard to decipher

• 2 weeks later...