Nancy Pelosi......

TJones

Found this rant, thought I'd share. Very interesting reading.

"Hypocrisy, thy name is PELOSI!

This is the person that made such a big thing out of the Big Three flying their jets to Washington for the meeting with congress. Remember when she was made speaker of the house and all the fuss she made because she wasn't given a large enough jet to fly to California , her home, at the tax payers expense?

FACTS: Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's home district includes San Francisco. Star-Kist Tuna's headquarters are in San Francisco, Pelosi's home district. Star-Kist is owned by Del Monte Foods and is a major contributor to Pelosi. Star-Kist is the major employer in American Samoa employing 75% of the Samoan workforce. Paul Pelosi, Nancy's husband, owns $ 17 million dollars of Star-Kist stock.

In January 2007 when the minimum wage was increased from $5.15 to $7.25, Pelosi had American Samoa exempted from the increase so Del Monte would not have to pay the higher wage. This would make Del Monte products less expensive than their competition's. Last week when the huge bailout bill was passed, Pelosi added an earmark to the final bill adding $33 million dollars for an 'economic development credit in American Samoa'. "

http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/americansamoa.asp

TJ, you are quickly rising to the top of HAIF partisan spam spreaders. Posting political spam without a single source link is the quickest way to ruin your reputation and look like a fool. There are so many things that politicians do and support that it is not hard to find something to be legitimately annoyed with. Posting your political spam emails is just laziness.

BTW, my favorite part of the "rant" is the allegation that Mr. Pelosi owns $17 million worth of stock that does not exist. 2nd favorite is StarKist employing 75% of the workforce. It's more like 10%.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/americansamoa.asp

TJ, you are quickly rising to the top of HAIF partisan spam spreaders. Posting political spam without a single source link is the quickest way to ruin your reputation and look like a fool. There are so many things that politicians do and support that it is not hard to find something to be legitimately annoyed with. Posting your political spam emails is just laziness.

BTW, my favorite part of the "rant" is the allegation that Mr. Pelosi owns $17 million worth of stock that does not exist. 2nd favorite is StarKist employing 75% of the workforce. It's more like 10%.

Blah,Blah,Blah. Snopes can't debunk it either, and just because snopes didn't find any "hard evidence" doesn't mean it isn't true. Snopes had several stories in which they grabbed from, down at the bottom of their page. I don't plan on reading all of them. Oh, BTW, I didn't recieve this in an email, and if you noticed, I did ASK if anyone else had heard about this ? So, your whole Spam theory has no merit.

Blah,Blah,Blah. Snopes can't debunk it either, and just because snopes didn't find any "hard evidence" doesn't mean it isn't true. Snopes had several stories in which they grabbed from, down at the bottom of their page. I don't plan on reading all of them. Oh, BTW, I didn't recieve this in an email, and if you noticed, I did ASK if anyone else had heard about this ? So, your whole Spam theory has no merit.

Wrong answer.. digging your hole deeper. I find snopes to be very reliable and without agenda.

And narrowly defining 'spam' to only include email and soliciting and not include posting a bogus story isn't helping.

Red. You could have just posted the link without backing him into a corner though.. you pretty much guaranteed the subsequent response and now this thread will ultimately crash and burn.

Wrong answer.. digging your hole deeper. I find snopes to be very reliable and without agenda.

And narrowly defining 'spam' to only include email and soliciting and not include posting a bogus story isn't helping.

Red. You could have just posted the link without backing him into a corner though.. you pretty much guaranteed the subsequent response and now this thread will ultimately crash and burn.

True, but the thread had nowhere to go but down. I thought a little public humiliation might discourage future spam attempts. But, then again, this is the politics forum. Spam is its lifeblood.

The point remains. Even I don't think that the GOP is so doomed as to be reduced to this. John Cornyn may think so, but the rest of us here on HAIF can at least attempt rational debate...with sources, or logically stated opinions.

Sorry, if my post was a body slam TJ, but frankly, your post was an insult to us.

Again, I hadn't heard about this, and asked if anyone else had. Don't worry about me Hwy6, I don't feel backed into anything. The fact that Red feels the need to defend the hypocrit Pelosi from her wrongdoings, tells me all I need to know. ;)

Found this rant, thought I'd share. Very interesting reading.

"Hypocrisy, thy name is PELOSI!

This is the person that made such a big thing out of the Big Three flying their jets to Washington for the meeting with congress.

[Citation needed] As I recall it was private citizens complaining about the decadence of the Big Three, not Nancy Pelosi.

Remember when she was made speaker of the house and all the fuss she made because she wasn't given a large enough jet to fly to California , her home, at the tax payers expense?

Lies. When she became Speaker of the House, the House Sergeant at Arms requested a plane for her that could make a cross-country trip to her district without refueling. It was the Sergeant at Arms who initiated the request, not Nancy Pelosi.

Stop posting this trash.

[Citation needed] As I recall it was private citizens complaining about the decadence of the Big Three, not Nancy Pelosi.

Lies. When she became Speaker of the House, the House Sergeant at Arms requested a plane for her that could make a cross-country trip to her district without refueling. It was the Sergeant at Arms who initiated the request, not Nancy Pelosi.

Stop posting this trash.

Here is Wilson Livingood's statement.

"In December 2006, I advised Speaker Pelosi that the US Air Force had made an airplane available to Speaker Hastert for security and communications purposes following September 11, 2001.

I told Speaker Pelosi that Speaker Hastert used the Air Force plane for travel to and from his district, however, I was uncertain of the rules and guidelines governing use of the plane. I offered to call the U.S. Air Force and Department of Defense to seek clarification of the guidelines.

Subsequently, several members of the Speaker

Archived